Cat 5 Lee | peak 165 mph 926 mb | post-tropical

Iceresistance

On 9/13/2023 at 4:34 PM, buxtonian said:

Well, I have started our "storm preparations." Filled the chainsaws with gas and filled up the portable generator. Checked that the generator would start -- it did. BTW, we have a solar electric system with powerwall backup. The generator is there in case things really go south. Filled the gas and diesel cans; I was surprised about the large number of town folks doing the same thing. Purchased new 16" and 18" chains for the saws. More preparation tomorrow.  You might think this is overkill but we had a TS a couple of days ago with winds of 40 mph -- took down a bunch of trees. If we get anything approaching 60 mph, it will be a mess around here.

longest-chainsaw-bar.thumb.webp.e84b03fbbfaab38cc4a02cbb0d4bd6dd.webp

• WOW 1
  • LAUGH 3
  • TROPHY 1

• Meteorologist
3 hours ago, Mainiac said:

Just got the TS warning on my phone.  Interesting to find out what triggered the expansion of the warned area.

IMG_3059.jpeg

If it still has tropical characteristics by then, extra/sub-tropical, i think they put it under TS warning otherwise it would be wind advisory and high wind warning type of deal.

17 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

I'd get off Twtitter/X but can't find this on other platforms yet

Every time I see a twitter post, after i'm done reading, I keep trying to click on that blasted X to close it.

• LIKE 2
  • LAUGH 3
  • MELTING 1