Cat 5 Lee | peak 165 mph 926 mb | post-tropical

Iceresistance

• The title was changed to Cat 5 Lee | peak 165 mph 926 mb | 120mph 950mb

I had to Google WMG.  And then when I decided not to read past the first two scientific paper abstracts, I decided to ask ChatGPT.  Is this accurate?  😁

Spoiler

A warm medium gray hurricane eye typically indicates a mature and intense hurricane. The eye of a hurricane is the central, relatively calm area surrounded by the eyewall, which contains the storm’s strongest winds and most intense rainfall.

The color of the eye can vary depending on atmospheric conditions and the angle of sunlight, but a warm medium gray color suggests a well-developed storm with a clear, defined eye. This can be significant for meteorologists and those tracking the hurricane because:

1.    Intensity: A well-defined eye with a warm medium gray appearance often indicates that the hurricane has reached a high level of organization and strength.
    2.    Stability: A clear eye suggests that the storm’s inner core is stable and well-organized, which can lead to sustained and powerful hurricane conditions.
    3.    Predictability: A distinct eye allows meteorologists to more accurately track the storm’s movement and predict its path, helping to issue timely warnings to potentially affected areas.
    4.    Visual Confirmation: A visible warm gray eye can be an indicator of a hurricane’s intensity and structure when observed from satellite imagery or by hurricane hunters who fly into the storm.

Edited by Burr

NHC is showing Lee to really start to weaken around day 4-5.

INIT  11/0300Z 22.6N  62.2W  105 KT 120 MPH
 12H  11/1200Z 23.1N  63.1W  115 KT 130 MPH
 24H  12/0000Z 23.6N  64.4W  120 KT 140 MPH
 36H  12/1200Z 24.1N  65.5W  115 KT 130 MPH
 48H  13/0000Z 24.6N  66.4W  110 KT 125 MPH
 60H  13/1200Z 25.3N  67.2W  100 KT 115 MPH
 72H  14/0000Z 26.5N  67.7W   95 KT 110 MPH
 96H  15/0000Z 30.2N  67.9W   85 KT 100 MPH
120H  16/0000Z 35.5N  67.0W   70 KT  80 MPH
Edited by btbucks

39 minutes ago, Burr said:

I had to Google WMG.  And then when I decided not to read past the first two scientific paper abstracts, I decided to ask ChatGPT.  Is this accurate?  😁

Hide contents

A warm medium gray hurricane eye typically indicates a mature and intense hurricane. The eye of a hurricane is the central, relatively calm area surrounded by the eyewall, which contains the storm’s strongest winds and most intense rainfall.

The color of the eye can vary depending on atmospheric conditions and the angle of sunlight, but a warm medium gray color suggests a well-developed storm with a clear, defined eye. This can be significant for meteorologists and those tracking the hurricane because:

1.    Intensity: A well-defined eye with a warm medium gray appearance often indicates that the hurricane has reached a high level of organization and strength.
    2.    Stability: A clear eye suggests that the storm’s inner core is stable and well-organized, which can lead to sustained and powerful hurricane conditions.
    3.    Predictability: A distinct eye allows meteorologists to more accurately track the storm’s movement and predict its path, helping to issue timely warnings to potentially affected areas.
    4.    Visual Confirmation: A visible warm gray eye can be an indicator of a hurricane’s intensity and structure when observed from satellite imagery or by hurricane hunters who fly into the storm.

I'd be wary of Chatgpt as it is programmed by humans.  Kinda like going to wikipedia for accurate info, there is a chance it could be wrong.  A program is only as good as its coders.  Also what is not known is where its pulling the information from either.  So someone could put it out there on a site that WMG is as hot as my buttocks and chatgpt may grab that.  And I am not sure if there is any checking on chatgpt's side to see if its fact or fiction.

At least with wikipedia, users can alert on a page if there is inaccurate information.

Looking up WMG seems to be the temperature of the eye in infrared.  According to some of the sites I found (non-chatgpt), it appears to be the warmest and brightest infrared temperature.

But I'll let the experts here chime in. 

image.thumb.png.9ada6e9c63c61c9f0e6904f5f3d5d536.png

3 minutes ago, clm said:

He flanks west, grazes me and heads back northeast.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_fh120-156.thumb.gif.536ef85365240b75090b96a41bf405b2.gifGra

Head fake left at Cape cod and then goes right for the Bay of Fundi.  What’s the moon phase next Sunday?

IMG_0799.gif

Edited by Burr

20 minutes ago, Burr said:

Head fake left at Cape cod and then goes right for the Bay of Fundi.  What’s the moon phase next Sunday?

Been to the Bay of Fundy, especially Hopewell Rocks.  I highly recommend it if you haven't been there.

The head fake is Lee's attempt at wanting to make the Giants or the Jets.

Edited by clm
clarification
  • LIKE 1