June 5th-September 1st, 2023 | Severe Storm Sequence

Iceresistance

Had to drive to Point Place to see the damage myself. Only about a half hour drive from where I was located at the time.  

Tree and power line damage is extensive. Several hundred homes without power. Damage is from my cousins home just off 108th street.  I would say this was just a little stronger than an EF0. Maybe low end EF2. 

IMG_4852.jpeg

IMG_4849.jpeg

IMG_4846.jpeg

IMG_4844.jpeg

Edited by NWOhioChaser
  • SHOCKED 1
  • FLUSHED 1
  • WOW 1

• Meteorologist

Not a good year for the TX Panhandle. 2.5”-3” hail directly hits Pampa (pop. ~16800) in June, significant flooding with hundreds displaced (Hereford/SW Amarillo) in May and early June. now the Perryton tornado. 

Those strong winds aloft aren’t going anywhere the next 48 hours. Saturday could be another busy day around here imo if the cap breaks.

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • LIKE 1
  • SAD 1

19 hours ago, NWOhioChaser said:

Had to drive to Point Place to see the damage myself. Only about a half hour drive from where I was located at the time.  

Tree and power line damage is extensive. Several hundred homes without power. Damage is from my cousins home just off 108th street.  I would say this was just a little stronger than an EF0. Maybe low end EF2. 

IMG_4852.jpeg

IMG_4849.jpeg

IMG_4846.jpeg

IMG_4844.jpeg

wow, just to think, if a couple of things would have gone differently, that could have been my place.

and my place has less than 2.41" in a month, Huron County got that in an hour

huron county precip.gif

• LIKE 1

4 hours ago, Ingyball said:

Not typical for me to get missed to the south by severe weather this time of year, but as long as we're getting some rain and not hitting 100 I'm happy lol

Now this is someone with perspective!

24 minutes ago, Columbusbuckeye said:

Here are more pictures from the Peru/North Fairfield area in Huron County that my brother sent today. He still can’t get to the worst areas because the roads are blocked off.  Quite a few reports of structures missing roofs and trees that have fallen on houses. He said the NWS came today and surveyed the damage today on his street and flew a drone over.  It’s pretty bad up there.  

IMG_6078.jpeg

IMG_6074.jpeg

IMG_6080.jpeg

IMG_6081.jpeg

IMG_6076.jpeg

IMG_6083.jpeg

Edited by Columbusbuckeye