June 5th-September 1st, 2023 | Severe Storm Sequence

Iceresistance

• Meteorologist
4 minutes ago, Neoncyclone said:

Couple hours later and poof it's gone! Great plains magic trick! 

Screenshot_20230807_213807_RadarScope.jpg

Every so often I have a “I’m definitely not in Ohio anymore” moment, and having a completely alone LP supercell in August qualifies as one of those moments

• LIKE 1

image.png.c38539ae91dac40c84a5b45bbc8b28cb.png 

Now that's a 45% hatched wind risk verification right there, only 3 significant wind reports, but the 1000+ regular wind reports makes up the difference. There's probably 100+ wind reports that will still come in the following day or two as wind damage is discovered and reported. I would guess the tornado reports will shoot up today too as storm survey of possible tornadoes begins today.

6 hours ago, Neoncyclone said:

image.png.c38539ae91dac40c84a5b45bbc8b28cb.png 

Now that's a 45% hatched wind risk verification right there, only 3 significant wind reports, but the 1000+ regular wind reports makes up the difference. There's probably 100+ wind reports that will still come in the following day or two as wind damage is discovered and reported. I would guess the tornado reports will shoot up today too as storm survey of possible tornadoes begins today.

East coast inflation :classic_tongue:

• LIKE 1

Incredible tornado in Colorado right now, nearly stationary. I love radar omega mainly just for these easy to access chaser streams, and the quality is usually pretty good. 

EDIT: might be a close call for Yuma Municipal Airport

image.thumb.png.24f712c114e52a66993850c0d3fe77fb.png

Edited by Neoncyclone

Phew, this Colorado supercell just won't let up, observed tag and velocity is pretty convincing about either one large tornado or maybe even potentially a couple circulations.

Incredible to see the deviant motion, every time tornado-genesis occurs it has an almost zipper-like effect and goes slowly SSW before picking up speed and move back SE.

image.thumb.png.e2331dcfa6f61ab7bcd22ce2c1f628f3.png

image.thumb.png.71859873118aebbcfe4f37042c4b91e2.png

Edited by Neoncyclone