June 5th-September 1st, 2023 | Severe Storm Sequence

Iceresistance

2 hours ago, Medina said:

hrrr_ref_frzn_neus_11.png

This 11-hour HRRR forecast you posted kind of looks like the way it is now.  A few minor wind damage reports with one or more trees down in Toledo and Detroit. I got thunder and rain, and maybe 35-40mph just before it rained

heavy rain here 2.jpg

23 hours ago, Chinook said:

This 11-hour HRRR forecast you posted kind of looks like the way it is now.  A few minor wind damage reports with one or more trees down in Toledo and Detroit. I got thunder and rain, and maybe 35-40mph just before it rained

heavy rain here 2.jpg

We have three trees down on my street alone in Toledo. 

I guess the enhanced risk really highlighted areas of severe weather. I hope everybody is OK from the trees and stuff. The Toledo area got 0.5" to 3.58" of rain measured by CoCoRAHS volunteers. What a deluge for the north side and also west side, with over 2.0" at the airport. This is the sort of stuff I expect in early-mid June. I guess we kind of made up for the lack of rain in May/June, at least for most of the city of Toledo.

toledo precip jul 27.jpg

Edited by Chinook

Storm has fired right over here and has gone severe but it looks like it’s going to slide SW of here. Getting some good thunder and lightning though 

Edited by Snow____

I would be very surprised if there isn't an increase in severe probabilities around the Lakes on the upcoming day 1 outlook.  It looks like a potentially explosive situation capable of being an enhanced risk type of day, if not ultimately moderate.

• SHOCKED 1

4 minutes ago, btbucks said:

Probably can cancel the heat advisories. 

I can see areas rebounding to the upper 80’s with HI’s in the upper 90’s. So wouldn’t hurt to leave it. I would def drop the warnings for advisories though.

5 minutes ago, Snow____ said:

I can see areas rebounding to the upper 80’s with HI’s in the upper 90’s. So wouldn’t hurt to leave it. I would def drop the warnings for advisories though.

They did for around Cinci/Dayton