June 5th-September 1st, 2023 | Severe Storm Sequence

Iceresistance

7 hours ago, ElectricStorm said:

Enhanced risk is up for N OK which has historically been pretty rare for July although it's now happened 3 out of the last 4 years. Seems like it could be a somewhat similar setup to 7/11/20 with the extreme dewpoints. Slight risk here in C OK so could get interesting here too. Too bad the OKC radar is down...

The OKC radar is back up faster than expected

10 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

3rd consecutive slight risk day here

So what you’re saying is all I gotta do to make sure I wake up with a grapefruit hole in my windshield in the morning is move to buyout the house next to Cliche?

Nah I’m good

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1

• Meteorologist
8 hours ago, NWOhioChaser said:

So what you’re saying is all I gotta do to make sure I wake up with a grapefruit hole in my windshield in the morning is move to buyout the house next to Cliche?

Nah I’m good

Yeah this area doesn't play around with hail. It's mid-July and we're still getting supercells capable of producing >2" hail. So far the most my car has had to endure is 1" hail but it's only a matter of time until larger hail finds me.

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • LIKE 1

9 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Yeah this area doesn't play around with hail. It's mid-July and we're still getting supercells capable of producing >2" hail. So far the most my car has had to endure is 1" hail but it's only a matter of time until larger hail finds me.

Yikes! I’m so glad nothing has landed on your head though. Not so much the hail that scares me. Its that lightning. Yeah. this seems abnormal to me. 

Transitons from La Niña to El Niño are often erratic and this year along with the increased solar activity probably doesn’t help. Just here to learn. 

Anywho. Nature always seems to find a way to balance itself out. Just doesn’t operate the way we want it too. So IMBY we picked up 2.5” of rain within 36 hours. We all good here🥰

Sends by all this energy to someone who needs the rain!

• THUMBS UP 1

7 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Yep. About 55-60mph winds with dime size hail. 

this is what it looked like on radar 1 hr ago (warning box shown is current as of 8:02PM, so not representative of 6:54PM)

indianapolis severe.jpg

Edited by Chinook

I did not expect to see this wording

Spoiler

...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1030 PM CDT FOR CENTRAL BARBER COUNTY...

At 952 PM CDT, a severe thunderstorm was located very near Lake City, moving southeast at 30 mph.

HAZARD...Half dollar size hail.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

Edited by Iceresistance