June 5th-September 1st, 2023 | Severe Storm Sequence

Iceresistance

6 hours ago, NWOhioChaser said:

Grateful for the much needed rain last night into this morning. Really was wondering if we’d get anything. Picked up around .8”. Farmers and gardeners alike breathe a sigh of relief. 

maybe some showers later this evening but nothing crazy. Humid as hell though. 

This will be a memorable day as more rain, thunder coming in from the west right now!

• LIKE 1

57 minutes ago, Chinook said:

This will be a memorable day as more rain, thunder coming in from the west right now!

Yeah things are bleeding dry as they come north but it’s nice to still get something! And one hell of a lightning show!

Edited by NWOhioChaser

15th confirmed tornado in this part of Ohio this year…also picked up 1.43 for a three day total. For as much complaining and moaning I did worrying about if we’d get relief, we did really well.  South of me racked in 4”. 

if this doesn’t put a dent the drought I don’t know what will. 

IMG_5372.png

Edited by NWOhioChaser
  • LIKE 1

2 hours ago, NWOhioChaser said:

15th confirmed tornado in this part of Ohio this year…also picked up 1.43 for a three day total. For as much complaining and moaning I did worrying about if we’d get relief, we did really well.  South of me racked in 4”. 

if this doesn’t put a dent the drought I don’t know what will. 

IMG_5372.png

We did it! 2" in  parts of Wood County and Lucas County, and also up to 3.5"- 4" between Bowling Green and Henry County.

Here is CoCoRAHS near Maumee

Clipboard02a1.jpg

• LOVE 1

1 hour ago, Iceresistance said:

This is annoying, I never got a single drop of rain from storms all around me!

It doesn’t help that the ring of fire pattern usually exhibits really odd storm motions. Storms that don’t have a set forcing mechanism usually have a lava lamp effect and just bubble up and direct themselves to wherever they please. I really hope for a set pattern that brings more rain to the areas that need it! 

This storm out in South Dakota has produced 50mph-60mph wind gusts in the last couple of hours, and could do more of this in the next 3-4 hours late into the night, as the atmosphere is still quite unstable.

late night possible derecho.jpg

13 hours ago, NWOhioChaser said:

It doesn’t help that the ring of fire pattern usually exhibits really odd storm motions. Storms that don’t have a set forcing mechanism usually have a lava lamp effect and just bubble up and direct themselves to wherever they please. I really hope for a set pattern that brings more rain to the areas that need it! 

What makes this even crazier was the storms were within 5-10 miles of my location, I thankfully had some rain this morning from a surprise thunderstorm.

Edited by Iceresistance
  • LIKE 1

• Meteorologist
2 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Latest NAM is slightly concerning for Thursday evening

trend-nam-2023070418-f054.scp.us_sc.gif

The thing with the setup on Thursday is the lingering effects of tomorrow's event is unknown right now. 12z models were showing that the northeast TX Panhandle/east OK Panhandle stays cloudy all day and they stay capped, but 18z NAM and 21z RAP clear the area out leading to a ridiculous profile. They also show stronger low-level winds at 00z which can't be a coincidence. I suspect it's related to the strength of the Thursday shortwave, and probably some differences in how tomorrow is handled.

18z NAM for western Oklahoma Panhandle

LZ7ZMpB.png

Exact same location but the 12z NAM

ig4mhxe.png