June 5th-September 1st, 2023 | Severe Storm Sequence

Iceresistance

18 minutes ago, Sam said:

I was thinking the same thing!!  We've seen this show before.  

And I took the trouble to move our new huge lighted outdoor umbrella into the garage, which is an Indication that the split will happen

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 2

2 minutes ago, ElectricStorm said:

Looks like that morning convection really hurt you guys in Ohio, that's always annoying. Maybe one of those smaller cells could at least give you guys some good thunder 

No storms in Central Oklahoma, it appears it's from poor forcing

2 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Thanks....I was looking for wording since they said it was more stable than thought. This weather stuff is confusing at times. 😉 I didn't realize it was a sounding.

Edited by Michelle

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, junior said:

Cells to our west are literally dying as they head this way. Strange but perhaps the morning crapvection screwed our chances and we weren't able to destabilize in time. 

pretty much what happened here last night everything just split/crumbled once it got here

Edited by Central Illinois

5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Thanks....I was looking for wording since they said it was more stable than thought. This weather stuff is confusing at times. 😉 I didn't realize it was a sounding.

[5:37 PM] As promised, here is the analysis from our 4 PM balloon launch. We continue to monitor, but the atmosphere at this time is a bit more stable than forecasted.

Well, guys, at long last, it actually rained like a real thunderstorm. I got a shelf cloud, visible changing motions in the cloud, lightning and thunder. I saw a bit of lightning, and tried to video it, but that might not have worked. I just got a rain rate of 1" per hour with 30mph gusts and constant rumbles. Some utility poles down in Toledo, as what might be considered low-end wind damage. I saw a couple of pea sized hailstones on the porch, but hailstones were not easy to see anywhere else.

Edited by Chinook
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • WIND 1

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

[5:37 PM] As promised, here is the analysis from our 4 PM balloon launch. We continue to monitor, but the atmosphere at this time is a bit more stable than forecasted.

Thank you!  Finally found it on Twitter. Just wasn't sure where it was.