April 24-30, 2023 | Severe Storms/Heavy Rainfall

Iceresistance

Just now, Neoncyclone said:

Looks like it could be trying to, I don't really think its in the process of occlusion right at this moment though. Pretty impressive Texas storm.

Still a BWER

UPDATE: Holy crap the Velocity just SHOT UP! It has to be on the ground!

• Meteorologist

Going forward... definitely starting to see the focus of severe weather shift west out here to the Plains as you'd expect for late April/early May. 12z Euro was very excited about this.

Edit: This was NOT a post in the wrong thread, but I just realized there's a more relevant thread to post it in.

Edited by ClicheVortex2014

3 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Going forward... definitely starting to see the focus of severe weather shift west out here to the Plains as you'd expect for late April/early May. 12z Euro was very excited about this.

Edit: This was NOT a post in the wrong thread, but I just realized there's a more relevant thread to post it in.

You can thank me for opening that thread.

• The title was changed to April 24th - April 30th, 2023 | Severe Storms/Heavy Rainfall

Do you want to know something neat? The Blizzard of '93 started off with a squall line in the Gulf tied in to a strong 500mb shortwave, and also combined with a northern trough. But this isn't snowy, and of course not a perfect analog.  I think it's neat that it is a type of an analog. The GFS says the combination of systems results in a 981mb low in New York State.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_1 (3).png

• The title was changed to April 24-30, 2023 | Severe Storms/Heavy Rainfall