April 2-8, 2023 | Severe Storms

Iceresistance

37 minutes ago, Leenita said:

In Olentangy as well and was wondering if they ever called school due to possible storms?

My assistant and I were discussing this today, as her kids are in Olentangy - we guessed that if looks like it will be bad enough while school in session or during the ride home for the buses, they may call off, although I don't recall this happening for severe storms.  I'm hoping it comes late enough where the kids get in a full day but they call off activities/meetings.  I really don't want to be at the middle school while hail and/or tree branches are hitting my car.  

• THUMBS UP 1

Complicating factor has emerged around here for tomorrow.  Some guidance has organized storms coming through around 12z or shortly after.  The more organized that round is, the less robust that the late morning round would probably be as the window for destabilization would be fairly narrow. 

Not to say that there couldn't be a severe threat with the storms around 12z, but the higher threat scenario is probably the one with little/no storms around that time, thus allowing for better destabilization through the morning.

Edited by Hoosier