April 2-8, 2023 | Severe Storms

Iceresistance

• Meteorologist
Just now, Michelle said:

I'm pretty happy about how today went, as we all probably figured. I'm just super tired of ILN radar outages. 

Their office/radar was right at the apex of a bow echo so I'm not surprised this is the last image the radar was able to get before going down

image.thumb.png.0963c00245a9bc71054f8a2275e72ec8.png

• WOW 1
  • LOVE 1

• The title was changed to April 2th - 7th, 2023 | Severe Storms
11 hours ago, Chinook said:

I got maybe 4 minutes of heavy rain and 50mph maximum wind gust measured at Toledo. From this grunge-fest. I don't think things destabilized much.

I’m in agreement with that sentiment. It was fairly lackluster a bit further west out in Delta. Gust front came through and there were some pretty strong winds accompanied with the rain, but it was mostly over in about 10-15 minutes.  Did have a bolt of lightning hit close to my work and shake the building. 

Still a nice thunderstorm though. Fast and furious type. 

• The title was changed to April 2th - 8th, 2023 | Severe Storms
On 4/6/2023 at 10:47 AM, NWOhioChaser said:

I’m in agreement with that sentiment. It was fairly lackluster a bit further west out in Delta. Gust front came through and there were some pretty strong winds accompanied with the rain, but it was mostly over in about 10-15 minutes.  Did have a bolt of lightning hit close to my work and shake the building. 

Still a nice thunderstorm though. Fast and furious type. 

The wind picked up from 35mph to 50mph with the rain, probably near you and near me, and then dropped back to 30 or 35mph. So that's a storm alright. Sometimes that's about the best you can hope for with an early year squall line. The overall system was kind of washed out on the instability. Storms were jumbled up. Some tornadoes happened, but obviously it wasn't an outbreak. SPC's enhanced risk was probably alright, as they dropped the higher 10% tornado threat in the morning (not sure about that.)

230405_rpts.gif

day1otlk_v_20230405_1300.gif

radar from 4 5 2023 at 1830z.jpg

2023_04_05_18z_sbcape.jpg

2023_04_05_18z_NAM_00hr_MUCAPE.png

Edited by Chinook

• The title was changed to April 2-8, 2023 | Severe Storms