March 12-15, 2023 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Wind picking up on the ridge.  Snow is briefly been lighter. Sun poking through and melting it. Temp up a few tenths.

LI looks like the place to be for snow now.

LISnow.thumb.png.319d24a01f2b8977897823770cb8724a.png

Parents who live in Brookhaven along the south shore are reporting heavy snow, but nothing sticking.

• LIKE 1
  • SNOWMAN 1

16 minutes ago, clm said:

Starting to stick to ground

Just got back in from lunch around central Suffolk. When I went out, snow was falling at a good clip and melting immediately. When I came back, I found grass and parked cars getting a white tinge 

Radio said there could be a few inches before all ends tonight. NWS p&c still saying rain and snow with no accumulations. #oops

• LIKE 2
  • SNOWMAN 1
  • HOT 1

1 minute ago, LiveWire_13 said:

Just got back in from lunch around central Suffolk. When I went out, snow was falling at a good clip and melting immediately. When I came back, I found grass and parked cars getting a white tinge 

Radio said there could be a few inches before all ends tonight. NWS p&c still saying rain and snow with no accumulations. #oops

Just went outside.  My car was half covered due to the wind.  Wet and slushy.  Grass covering, but sidewalks and roads are not.

May not be sticking to roads but doesn't look too good to be driving in it.

5698--1?t=1678819570

• LIKE 3

37 minutes ago, telejunkie said:

Parents who live in Brookhaven along the south shore are reporting heavy snow, but nothing sticking.

Pretty much happening here too.  Looking at the radar and future, some concern is changing back into rain.  Just going to create havoc with freezing later tonight.

image.thumb.png.e74c7a5d1f32d247e3754fb28cbb05d3.png

image.thumb.png.75dc8f8d285c7b4c3b75fe85891c7249.png

image.thumb.png.559a949767508d801a5a282e8e194764.png

2 hours ago, telejunkie said:

@TheRex text just came from friend "Inbounds slide just now at BV. On closed terrain, friend triggered the entire upper Wilderness lift line. 10" corwn and 30' wide. Ran for a few hundred feet."

Bolton Valley posting this on top of their snow conditions page.  You don't see this everyday on the East Coast.

Urgent Message From Patrol:
Avalanche hazard present at this time. If travelling on terrain (especially uphill routes and backcountry) follow appropriate avalanche precautions and gear up accordingly.

• LIKE 1
  • SHOCKED 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, TheRex said:

Bolton Valley posting this on top of their snow conditions page.  You don't see this everyday on the East Coast.

Urgent Message From Patrol:
Avalanche hazard present at this time. If travelling on terrain (especially uphill routes and backcountry) follow appropriate avalanche precautions and gear up accordingly.

I would only think about that hazard at like Stowe, Whiteface, Mad River, Sugarloaf, or Magic....just don't think of BV having the pitch enough to slide. Valentine's Day 2007 storm, saw some slab movement at Magic that was a little concerning to me... 

• Moderators

she's pivoting alright...looks like the RI low is hammer throwing the coastal low into the Maine coast....

Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 3.53.13 PM.png

Snow intensity seems to be back on the rise here...bigger flakes falling again. Will wait until 6pm until next measurement.

Edited by telejunkie
  • LIKE 1
  • CYCLONE 1
  • LOVE 2

This has been an absolutely awesome snowstorm here in Princeton Junction today…. Been snowing since I woke up, lots of wind, and many beautiful moments.  I apologize I’ve been working and don’t have any photos or video. 

The best part of this storm is that even though it has snowed for over 8 hours, there is zero accumulation to shovel on the driveway or sidewalks!  [insert dancing emoji]

• LIKE 4
  • WOW 1
  • LAUGH 1

22 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

I don't think they'll do a warning, but the mid coast is probably seeing some blizzard conditions.

Just tried to access the Pemaquid Point cam, and it's showing a nighttime image.  Wish i could confirm your guess.

Pemaquid Point Cam

• DISAPPOINTED 1

• Moderators

B-I-L is reporting at least a foot in Harwinton with intermittent power outages.  He's over 1000ft in elev.

S-I-L is reporting 8" in Ridgefield.  She is at 950' elev.

Most of the snow that fell here has melted with the 35 temp and brief sun.  Still light snow, nice fat flakes.

• LIKE 2
  • SNOWMAN 2

hope everyone is having fun.  Just wanted to list the top 3 events for the season since it is almost over

Feb 3          Trace

Today          snow showers, wet ground at times.  0 accumulation

Feb 16        The Big Frost.  Actually had to use scraper instead of just wiper fluid

And my neighbor, for those that remember, is not swayed by the intense wind or cold . 

image.png.94f0b10ca8d4f12fbacf988a3b6a6ebc.png

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 5
  • THUMBS UP 1