March 12-15, 2023 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, TheRex said:

I just got upgraded to a Winter Weather Advisory.

can see that meso band stretching from Burlington area arcing just west of Albany and to the Catskills....guessing some intense rates under there.

Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 11.42.07 AM.png

• LIKE 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Poco said:

Snowing pretty good here all morning.  Radar did fill in pretty nicely just never got anything last night.

Anyone peep the next week, me might be tracking another one, might be a gomilla 

Have been holding off to open a thread on that one as ensembles seem less thrilled by it then some Op runs...but been some monster Miller As being depicted.

Kinda surprised SPC not talking about that meso band...

Green Mtn Power has their work cut out for them...currently 31k without power in the state

Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 12.12.37 PM.png

Edited by telejunkie
  • SHOCKED 1
  • SAD 1

22 minutes ago, Brodozer1 said:

next time there is a big deal about a snow storm it better be 10ft like out in California

1.50 in of heavy rain for me 

Lol…. That’s another animal out there. Only other shot at amounts like that would be extreme lake effect.

This storm was more or less the same models wise all year. Trend the heavy axis of snow north by 100 miles over the last 2 days. Which also could have been squashed down another year for a mid Atlantic special.

It has been said multiple times, the coast is hot this year, SST are hot for the time of year. No cold air supply either. 

Edited by TLChip

Just now, telejunkie said:

Have been holding off to open a thread on that one as ensembles seem less thrilled by it then some Op runs...but been some monster Miller As being depicted.

Kinda surprised SPC not talking about that meso band...

Green Mtn Power has their work cut out for them...

Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 12.12.37 PM.png

I think like 8 gfs runs have had it now, here is last 6 

I see a 17-19 thread but that seems like frontal passage and far north.   The real magic would be the miller A that follows.   The Mjo can cause sone crazy things 

A30462F7-ABB9-4FB5-B050-5F32641052A1.gif

7 minutes ago, Poco said:

Snowing pretty good here all morning.  Radar did fill in pretty nicely just never got anything last night.

Anyone peep the next week, me might be tracking another one, might be a gomilla 

Im trying not to give it too much attn, dont wanna scare it away. You know how it works. 🙂

• LAUGH 1

Just now, JDClapper said:

Im trying not to give it too much attn, dont wanna scare it away. You know how it works. 🙂

No I don’t know how a single human being could scare a storm away.  That just ridiculous 

*says in best Drax voice 

😂😂😂😂

• LAUGH 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Poco said:

I see a 17-19 thread but that seems like frontal passage and far north.  

Pshh....you know it'll be snow for the Mainers...

Temps now up to 31F...moderate snow to report. One major feed off the ocean is directed at southern VT...going to be interested to hear snow totals from the east side of the Greens (upslope side) and from that meso band off to the west.

Edited by telejunkie
  • LAUGH 1

• Admin
9 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

And before MJ comes in here with all his science trash, it is a true fact that talking about a storm or opening a thread scares it away. Only facts here.

ElatedOffbeatAfricanharrierhawk-size_restricted.gif.ecabd57f3f9876178bc1d69868892651.gif

Temp dropped to 31.8°

Moderate snow, but not accounting super quick. A bit over an inch out there, roads are now starting to take on snow.

Between the wind and the before freezing temps, the snow doesn't seem to sticking too bad.

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1

3 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Look on the sat - getting reports of power outages from friends in N CT.

CODNEXLAB-GOES-East-regional-northeast-02-16_26Z-20230314_map_noBar-21-1n-10-100.thumb.gif.945cc32ab53191eab38d7fb94de2425b.gif

There’s just something about watching strong LPs wrap clouds around the center and spit them back out, I could stare at these all day. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

• Moderators

While the board had 3” accumulated in the last two hours, this stuff was much denser and settling starting to show as only added 1”. 17” total on the board, 15” settled

6C5E0A63-AF32-4E3D-A2C3-80E663E46A22.jpeg

Edited by telejunkie
  • LIKE 1
  • SAD 1
  • SNOWMAN 5
  • LOVE 1