March 12-15, 2023 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

19 minutes ago, CandO100 said:

Look, I got nothing and have had nothing to write home about all winter here in Williamsport's southern outpost (Maryland), but rooting for JD Clap in Williamsport north (PA) and all the folks up north. If you get snow, congrats and enjoy!

I now live my "snow life" by watching videos like the ones below. Incredible snow amounts in the Sierra's and these videos capture it well. If you are a snow nerd like me and love everything about snow, you'll love these videos. Massive snow walls/piles, heavy equipment to remove snow and watching people live life in these places blows my mind. 

By the way, I serviced my lawnmower on Presidents Day and fired it up. I may start mowing grass very soon. 

lol, i've been watchiing a mammoth mountain blog, they do snow removal. It has been pretty entertaining

but wow

• THUMBS UP 1

• Moderators

I'm reading this as the circle is an area of mixed precip (aloft) with rain in the middle and snow on the outside, aloft. The inner part of the ring is about 3000ft up to the south and east. 2000 feet up over CT.  Am I reading this right?3-14correlation.thumb.png.44b10f180cb05edf332e17d325878bd9.png

well would you look at that 🤣(insert meme here) temps are dropping much faster in SNE then i thought they were going to. It's already over to snow here and it's not even the beginning. Think there will be alot of surprises just imo

image.thumb.png.fa631ffdf424411923d036027ab85dc9.png

Edited by tool483
  • LIKE 3

11 minutes ago, Poco said:

I’m watching the band trying to head to clapper from the ull I believe.   

it’s in Altoona so it has plenty of time to miss 

Its moving like a snail, I wont be awake for it, even if it makes it.  Its our only chance at a quick slushy 1/4" or something to put in the books here.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Fox61 showing all the snow in Litchfield County where they are expecting between 6-12 and 12-18 inches.  Stressing that it's wet and pasty and will bring down trees.

gonna be snowball/snowman stuff that falls...have a coating down with temps down to 33F. Both kid's schools cancelled for tomorrow, so poured myself nightcap. See most of ya'll in the morning.

• SNOWMAN 1

2 hours ago, Wally Ho said:

This “snow depth change” view seems to make it all look a bit tame. 🙁

These maps never really seem to be a good indicator (IMO), I do expect 2.0" (at most here in Hazleton PA) but I think parts of NY/MA/VT see between 12-18" easily with some spots 24"... 

Edited by Blizz
  • LIKE 1

At 12:45 am, just went from rain to snow at 32.7F.  Flakes are very large and SREFs showing we should stay snow for the remainder of the storm. 

• LIKE 1