March 9-10, 2023 | Plains/MW/OV/GL Winter Storm

Ohiobuckeye45

• Moderators

Things appear to have ticked north a tad overnight here in OH.

The Regional Snowfall map isn't updated so I thought I post the local Probabilistic Snowfall Maps for the "north of I-80 corridor".  I couldn't find one for LOT. @Cary67 ???      Living on the edge IMBY.

Maybe it's because these things are "experimental", but it sure would be nice if they were found/posted in the same spot for each WFO. 

image.png.8f4ebe18b41b3f15d114ba00b1966f60.png

image.png.589846369ea5b413f8f7596969c93a04.png

image.png.d303391a66330cb528dba17728a8538e.pngimage.png.775b10e921b4d36effe7edb0ea8ea8dd.png

Edited by Hiramite

• Moderators

Another low in the mid 20's last night and another (temporary) crusting of the ground. Low 40's expected today.  I'm hoping the past nighttime chills help out tomorrow during the marginal conditions.

• THUMBS UP 1

1 hour ago, Hiramite said:

Things appear to have ticked north a tad overnight here in OH.

The Regional Snowfall map isn't updated so I thought I post the local Probabilistic Snowfall Maps for the "north of I-80 corridor".  I couldn't find one for LOT. @Cary67 ???      Living on the edge IMBY.

Maybe it's because these things are "experimental", but it sure would be nice if they were found/posted in the same spot for each WFO. 

yes the hail mary has now been moved back from the opponents 40 yardline  to my own 40 😭

• LAUGH 1
  • &$!#% 1

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Chinook said:

GFS for my immediate area. With the recently-posted winter weather advisory for Lucas County, this is my first winter weather headline since January.

Do you know how well these "dynamic ratios" from Weathernerds.org have worked in the past?  (I just read their .pdf on them.)

7 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

Do you know how well these "dynamic ratios" from Weathernerds.org have worked in the past?  (I just read their .pdf on them.)

I don't really know. I thought it might be the same as Kuchera, but maybe it's different. In other news, maybe NWS CLE ought to send out a large swath of Winter Weather Advisories now.

• THANKS 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Chinook said:

I don't really know. I thought it might be the same as Kuchera, but maybe it's different. In other news, maybe NWS CLE ought to send out a large swath of Winter Weather Advisories now.

I found this on it. See attached.

In re CLE, yeah, probably the northern tier of counties, plus Geauga.

Good luck.

Snowfall-1.pdf

Edited by Hiramite