March 1-3, 2023 | Severe Weather Outbreak

ElectricStorm

4 minutes ago, OxfordOh_ said:

Buddy of mine just got this in Fairfield Holy Hail! Lol

BD2B8787-3F51-4C0B-90C3-5A3862B9A6F9.jpeg

Wow! We got some hail here in Northern Warren county but was pea sized and not a ton. That’s huge for a non warned storm!

• LIKE 1

Every spring I am always shocked at how much this area needs radar given that they get so many tornados and the coverage is pretty poor. Really hope there’s some funding put together at some point to add some in the area. 

Just now, ak9971 said:

Every spring I am always shocked at how much this area needs radar given that they get so many tornados and the coverage is pretty poor. Really hope there’s some funding put together at some point to add some in the area. 

At least there is the radar for Durant, OK to fill in the SE OK Radar Hole that starts operating on at least September (My birthday, lol)

3 minutes ago, Neoncyclone said:

There we go, luckily it seems these storms just dont have enough low-level shear to get the job done.

Screenshot_20230301_194227_RadarScope.thumb.jpg.a77b1e3d77c4d5ac91716be6e7e987da.jpg

The case will be much different tomorrow, the STP parameters are crazy on the models for Texas, I know someone that lives in DFW...

• LIKE 1

9 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

The case will be much different tomorrow, the STP parameters are crazy on the models for Texas, I know someone that lives in DFW...

The main thing that I think could temper tomorrows tornado potential a little bit is the possible lack of discrete storms ahead of the squall. The squall is going to be nasty either way though and should have no problem supporting embedded supercells.

I was thinking there wasnt much potential for a tornado from this monster supercell in AR, but it's starting to get that look... I'd imagine a tornado warning is probably on the way.

Screenshot_20230301_202639_RadarScope.thumb.jpg.d29360f35e7c42e7ffd327baccf56121.jpg

Screenshot_20230301_202644_RadarScope.thumb.jpg.7873078e55224b17f4a7dd06f8b72020.jpg

EDIT: Directly after I posted lol

Screenshot_20230301_202801_RadarScope.jpg

Edited by Neoncyclone