March 3-4, 2023 | NE. Winter Storm

MaineJay

• Admin
7 minutes ago, bigben89 said:

Poof! Gone! Par for the course.

Not for everyone, and I know some folks who tossed the end of month event are looking like they will get some snow, they just don't want to post about that because they'd rather be a bearer of bad news.

• Moderators

I/we are considering having a Guess the Snow contest with this system.  Time is running out and we haven't had a contest yet this "winter".  The contest would likely include major cities in both Midwest and North East where snow is expected.

If you are unfamiliar with the contest, go to the Game thread to see last season's example.

https://www.wxsphere.com/topic/108-march-11-13-2022-snowfall-guessing-game/#comment-5400

Stay tuned.

• LIKE 3

1 hour ago, JDClapper said:

0z and 3 suite trend.  All depends on when the primary gives up to the coastal.  I guess if you know, you know.  I don't, so I'll keep playing.

3.png

gif1.gif

I think we’re going to see this end up being a full blown cutter when all said and done.   Looks like the gfs might win this battle.   We’re seeing massive height rises off the east coast.  Although we have a 50/50 and nao block, it’s more of a neutral to slightly east based block so it promotes a cutter with a late coastal transfer.  The 6z eps just came in and it’s Much further north and west than the 00z run. This one is starting to slip away from us.  La Niña is a tough SOB 

F2950D64-394C-4A32-A600-276C8B871A19.png

• MELTING 1

55 minutes ago, PA road DAWG said:

We went from a coastal low to a primary low up over the lakes now in less than 24 hours.  Crazy 

FF164073-5FF7-4317-867C-F9FB9BA5401A.png

1C8FE34A-3AAF-4A11-9D07-42805DD1711C.png

Almost as if we saw this coming this year. SER wont back down, no flex. Models only pick it up within 5 days? Same old same old. Do I hope this corrects south, yes! Would I bet on it this year? Nope 🙃

1 hour ago, TLChip said:

Almost as if we saw this coming this year. SER wont back down, no flex. Models only pick it up within 5 days? Same old same old. Do I hope this corrects south, yes! Would I bet on it this year? Nope 🙃

Yea.  This isn’t a great look unless you have some major blocking up top.  But it’s average at best 

45589C35-A640-4E97-B2A4-98B02709E764.gif

Ohio>PA>NJ, where cutters transfer to coast in 2023.

CMC  follows with GFS…Not exact path but coastal is late to the party for anyone south of I-80

2380A907-F6CE-4237-AF9B-3CF99E9D0C53.thumb.gif.c8622b35cb78c6be57a37428dffab739.gif

Freakin SER won’t relax unless the pac does, just going to keep coming up the wrong side of the apps with a late transfer at best. 

Edited by TLChip

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, PA road DAWG said:

Bigtime jump north by the cmc.  This winter is relentless.  Downright comical at this point 

12z GFS also pushed primary north basically to the shores of Ontario before coastal starts to take over....still nowhere near the warmth the Euro had from a couple days ago, but definitely inching back in that direction.

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 12.33.35 PM.png

Edited by telejunkie

1 minute ago, Wtkidz said:

I vote for removal or at least a censure of the South East Ridge….   Opps sorry been in the DC area  all of of my life and it rubs off on you. 

Most of the forum would agree with you 😂

• THUMBS UP 1