March 3-4, 2023 | NE. Winter Storm

MaineJay

• Admin

Snow is dry, but dense. I didn't put out a snow board, so hard to tell exactly how much fell, plus there was definitely some compaction due to it's consistency.  It's about a foot, maybe a bit more. 

Snowpack is about 28" deep.

• SNOWMAN 1

Here in the NH lakes, snowpack is about as much as anyone can remember in recent years; best guess is 2015. Pictures are snowbank at local pub and shoveling deck tonight. Plus a cliff that is skiable maybe once a decade, sent it and did not hit a single rock. 

20230304_183846.jpg

20230304_155624.jpg

20230304_092245.jpg

Edited by thebigo
  • LIKE 3
  • WOW 1
  • LOVE 4

6 hours ago, telejunkie said:

Guess I pissed off my plow guy or something because he's a no-show this morning. Shoveled half my driveway out and was able to put the hammer down and get the car out and back in. Turning it back around took some patience and some rocking....one place it's nice to still have a manual transmission. That is some seriously dense snow....definitely below 10:1 ratios.

Temp currently at 33F with just some lingering snow showers

I just told my wife this week that if you live in VT, the snowplow person is on the list of people not to piss off.  I do my own driveway so I don't have to worry about it, however their is a lady in town complaining about the guy in charge of plowing the town roads. I'd nail her mailbox if I was him. 

• LIKE 2

• Moderators
16 hours ago, TheRex said:

I just told my wife this week that if you live in VT, the snowplow person is on the list of people not to piss off.  I do my own driveway so I don't have to worry about it, however their is a lady in town complaining about the guy in charge of plowing the town roads. I'd nail her mailbox if I was him. 

Turns out he was out skiing with the family yesterday…can’t blame him for that (I’m one of only 2-3 driveways he does, more of a favor than anything). Driveway plowed out while I was at work last night.

Picked up another 1.5” since getting home last night @11pm. Brings storm total to roughly 10” by my estimates. Still some snow shower activity out there…although guessing this is a separate energy…

Edited by telejunkie
  • LIKE 1
  • SNOWMAN 1

We picked up another inch last night and it has been lightly snowing all morning.  I'm going with a 6" storm total.  My forecast said about 8" so this was an underperformer.  I think what brought our totals down was the low ratio snow.  It was not fun snow blowing yesterday as my blower kept trying to ride up on the snow.  The good thing is this is the kind of snow that doesn't melt quickly.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, thebigo said:

Here in the NH lakes, snowpack is about as much as anyone can remember in recent years; best guess is 2015. Pictures are snowbank at local pub and shoveling deck tonight. Plus a cliff that is skiable maybe once a decade, sent it and did not hit a single rock. 

20230304_183846.jpg

20230304_155624.jpg

20230304_092245.jpg

Whereabouts in the state are you…Winnepesaukee area? But with a snowpack like that, gotta think you’re by Berlin (Feels like most of NH is lakes…)

Edited by telejunkie

• Admin
24 minutes ago, TheRex said:

We picked up another inch last night and it has been lightly snowing all morning.  I'm going with a 6" storm total.  My forecast said about 8" so this was an underperformer.  I think what brought our totals down was the low ratio snow.  It was not fun snow blowing yesterday as my blower kept trying to ride up on the snow.  The good thing is this is the kind of snow that doesn't melt quickly.

Really happy I got a new snowblower this year.  I would've killed myself using the old one.

Everyone says I should have someone plow my driveway, as it's about 250' long, and then I like to have a generous turn around/parking area.  But my well is right at the end of the driveway, and even with markers, it could easily get tagged.

What a gorgeous day. Gotta be one of the best skiing days.  

39° full sun. Shoveling and prepping the kids sled run in a T shirt.

• LOVE 3