Winter 2023-2024 | Discussion and Outlooks

NKYSnowLover

Playing devil’s advocate for balance…. He explains why the cold air keeps being delayed and may continue to do so. Like them or dislike them I don’t really care but makes sense if you watch the vid. I guess if you don’t have X you’re out of luck but for those that do…

31 minutes ago, SOMOSnow said:

Just for fun: 18Z GFS at end of run with TWO TO ALMOST FIVE FEET OF SNOW. It had sleet and freezing rain, too, and storm wasn't even over for part of the region shown.

Screenshot_20231220_180155_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20231220_180554_Samsung Internet.jpg

I am sure this won't verify verbatim, but we need to lay some snow down to help the cold air. 

• LIKE 1

11 hours ago, StLweatherjunkie said:

Or will it just be another rainstorm:

image.thumb.png.0ed7d0c2fda2b5ad10f8f91f26311047.png

He wasn't referring to a particular storm but a series of tweets related to expected pattern change  I hadn't even posted the 18Z or anything about any storms when he replied. 

Edited by SOMOSnow
  • LIKE 1

14 minutes ago, StLweatherjunkie said:

The largest snowstorm in recorded history at Topeka, KS is 19" ... This is just silliness 

Yes, of course, which is why I said I posted it just for fun. Missouri has had some single day totals near 30 inches but nothing near four to five feet. 

Edited by SOMOSnow
  • THUMBS UP 1

43 minutes ago, StLweatherjunkie said:

Or will it just be another rainstorm:

image.thumb.png.0ed7d0c2fda2b5ad10f8f91f26311047.png

Yea it’s more about after this storm into January where I think the thought is the pattern hopefully starts getting colder. Some people seem to think the storm track shifts toward east coast. I’m not sure either way but we’ll see.

• LIKE 2