Winter 2023-2024 | Discussion and Outlooks

NKYSnowLover

24 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Meteorological winter of course is Dec-Feb so early spring 😁

Meteorlogical winter sets unreasonable expectations of cold and snow. Astronomical is a better for your sanity way to go. 🙂

• LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 3

1 hour ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Well if it's going to be warm I'm ready for an early spring 

Bro, just so you know - it's still fall. Winter hasn't started yet. We can't just skip to spring right now. 

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 2

This is the view outside my house right now with this little upper level trough and lake enhancement lake effect here in northern Ohio. Certainly wouldn’t call this give up on winter bring on spring and it’s December 18th with models picking up on a storm in 9 days time and picking up on cold in January. I think we need to relax right now December was meant to be warm we’re getting there 

IMG_3153.jpeg

• LIKE 5
  • LOVE 3

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Yeah... there's a good signal for a storm in that period. 

well then someone create a thread, i need something to track!  I'm not smart enough (weather wise, or forum posting wise) to create one.  

Edited by Wnwniner

52 minutes ago, Wnwniner said:

well then someone create a thread, i need something to track!  I'm not smart enough (weather wise, or forum posting wise) to create one.  

Probably a bit too early.  Could easily not work out/be mostly rain.  

Don’t know where to put this but for the people saying (warm air warm air warm air) being all pessimistic I squeezed out a beautiful winter night here in northern Ohio even in this El Niño December don’t tell me we can’t get snow or some kinda cold it’s happening here tonight plenty of winter to go 

IMG_3154.jpeg

IMG_3156.jpeg

IMG_3158.jpeg

IMG_3160.jpeg

IMG_3155.jpeg

• LIKE 4
  • LOVE 4

Things still look on par for colder weather 2nd week of JAN lasting for a bit, but we will warm again 2nd half of JAN at some point before turning cold again. 

There will be some ups & downs between now & 2nd week of JAN. 

**This is basically the same thing I said last week...no change. 

• LIKE 2

16 hours ago, Hassaywx1223 said:

This is the view outside my house right now with this little upper level trough and lake enhancement lake effect here in northern Ohio. Certainly wouldn’t call this give up on winter bring on spring and it’s December 18th with models picking up on a storm in 9 days time and picking up on cold in January. I think we need to relax right now December was meant to be warm we’re getting there 

IMG_3153.jpeg

LES areas winter formula: Mix a dash of cold air with your favorite spirit= winter wonderland 😀 

• LIKE 1