March 3-4, 2023 | MW/GL Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

• Moderators

Been out all day, come back to the 18z GFS. Nice.

37” of virtual snow from one event is up there as far as model output for snow in OH.

And I see Frank has made a well deserved appearance.

Edited by Hiramite
  • TROPHY 1

47 minutes ago, Jaf316 said:

OK, so after all these years of following weather, you'd think I'd know how to read a 500mb chart, but alas... 

Can someone help me out here? It gonna snow? 

Nobody knows yet lol.

What I’d take away from that map is the setup has the look of a storm and the track would be interesting for people around the ohio valley on east.

At this point I think it’s just good to see a storm set up with the track to be determined.

Edited by SNOWBOB11

5 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

If the gfs were to verify we would end the winter above average lol

I would like to believe the GFS but such synoptic snows in this part of the country is so low on the probability scale.  Fun to imagine though!

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

1 minute ago, RobB said:

I would like to believe the GFS but such synoptic snows in this part of the country is so low on the probability scale.  Fun to imagine though!

Very true. However it snowed in Tucson and is snowing close to San Diego, so who knows!

• LIKE 1

Just now, mafa said:

Very true. However it snowed in Tucson and is snowing close to San Diego, so who knows!

Snow possibility is definitely there but the amounts shown is what I am amused by.  Some of the rates shown would be big time with lake effect but crazy with a synoptic storm in our area.  I believe such is more probable on the coast but still a rarity.

I'd love ma nature to prove me wrong though 🙂

10 minutes ago, RobB said:

Snow possibility is definitely there but the amounts shown is what I am amused by.  Some of the rates shown would be big time with lake effect but crazy with a synoptic storm in our area.  I believe such is more probable on the coast but still a rarity.

I'd love ma nature to prove me wrong though 🙂

I’ll echo a similar sentiment as I’ve seen countless storms that are going to come through Ohio with very strong lows (or very strong lows that more or less stall around Ohio—the latter isn’t in play here but note for next winter) and they almost always end up being materially weaker than advertised days in advance by the model.

Like Rob said, Mother Nature can prove us wrong and at some point, there will be a big storm again.

There’s a good signal and it’ll be fun to track.

Edited by BoroBuckeye
  • LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

7 minutes ago, BoroBuckeye said:

I’ll echo a similar sentiment as I’ve seen countless storms that are going to come through Ohio with very strong lows (or very strong lows that more or less stall around Ohio—the latter isn’t in play here but note for next winter) and they almost always end up being materially weaker than advertised days in advance by the model.

Like Rob said, Mother Nature can prove us wrong and at some point, there will be a big storm again.

There’s a good signal and it’ll be fun to track.

Like i said in a previous post i think the March 2008 blizzard was the last double digit big one at least for the Dayton area. That was 15 years ago. And 15 years before that was the March Superstorm of 1993. Seems we are due.

• LOVE 1