March 3-4, 2023 | MW/GL Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

2-3 inches of rain and 50mph gusts… sure let’s go I guess 😂😂😂. This winter has been abysmal.. I haven’t even checked to see if snow was on the horizon in 2 weeks. Been content with the 60’s and 70’s.. hell it was almost 80 yesterday. 

• THUMBS UP 1

36 minutes ago, easton229 said:

Man that looks nice for SEMI. Wish we could be getting everyone in on this one though.

So much model variability between them. I'm sitting on the edge of a massive snowfall or massive rainfall and doesn't require much more than a 15 mile shift to alter.

8 minutes ago, ryanmkay said:

So much model variability between them. I'm sitting on the edge of a massive snowfall or massive rainfall and doesn't require much more than a 15 mile shift to alter.

Will definitely be an interesting afternoon tomorrow.

25 minutes ago, ryanmkay said:

Could very well end up being a repeat of that system earlier that was forecast to dump several inches, but poor ratios and near freezing surface temps had other ideas. Neither options (wet snow/slush or heavy rain) has me particularly excited.

There was storm in March of 98 that ended up being horribly forecast and it reminds me of this. I was a kid in NW Indiana and I remember going to sleep with a forecast of rain changing to snow with an inch or snow of accumulation. We ended up getting several inches, possibly a foot if I remember correctly. Power was out. Thundersnow, the whole deal. Fun surprise after the forecast we were given. Not saying it will happen, but the total uncertainty with this one reminds me of that. 

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

1 hour ago, WeatherJim said:

There was storm in March of 98 that ended up being horribly forecast and it reminds me of this. I was a kid in NW Indiana and I remember going to sleep with a forecast of rain changing to snow with an inch or snow of accumulation. We ended up getting several inches, possibly a foot if I remember correctly. Power was out. Thundersnow, the whole deal. Fun surprise after the forecast we were given. Not saying it will happen, but the total uncertainty with this one reminds me of that. 

I feel like I'm hoping out on this. It's been all but locked that I won't be getting anything but rain yet I keep watching each run. Don't really see any other chance after this... 🤷‍♀️

6 hours ago, Cary67 said:

12Z NAM run is a total joke inside 36 hrs. Need to retire that model.

58A628C0-7CA8-4EEC-825D-C2F0E9BF72BB.gif.156ff7c4e59bda12197f696c26509241.gif

Well it isn't called the Never Acccurate Model for nothing.  😁

Hopefully it works out for you and get a nice snow.  I am hoping for rain and less of it.  Looks pretty soupy here.

• LAUGH 1

1 minute ago, easton229 said:

Also calling for 1-2”/Hr rates Friday evening.

Going to be razor thin IMBY. Models have the rain/snow line basically aligning itself right at the MI/OH border.

• LIKE 2
  • YUCK 1

3 minutes ago, easton229 said:

I just want to use my snowblower once more this season to run it out of gas. I’ll be using it if we get 1” or 12” lol

Upper 50s to near 60 on Monday so it won't be around very long!

30 minutes ago, Central Illinois said:

What a weird Winter Storm models all over the place with this one 

That is crazy the difference between NAM and RGEM only 12-15 hours from the storm. I have friend in Algonquin and NAM says a foot but RGEM zero.

image.thumb.png.77235c4f37705d9189d5fbb5ce403ffd.pngimage.thumb.png.80870ac72fbe9939fa2fd7802ced162b.png

• THINKING 1

18 minutes ago, Pghsnow said:

That is crazy the difference between NAM and RGEM only 12-15 hours from the storm. I have friend in Algonquin and NAM says a foot but RGEM zero.

image.thumb.png.77235c4f37705d9189d5fbb5ce403ffd.pngimage.thumb.png.80870ac72fbe9939fa2fd7802ced162b.png

NAM is the only one showing that extreme west snow placement. Just off it hasn’t even picked up on moving east at all.

• THUMBS UP 1