March 3-4, 2023 | MW/GL Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

the point alot of people have been making the last 2 days as well is that......this started off as a multi full state storm extending from the plains to the NE. Now this is what we have, so despite, yes a handful still get a good storm...its certainly only a "fraction" of people that it was....which always makes the storm and tracking more satisfying. Hence I would still standby the fact where this storm looked like 3 days ago.....has turned in to a "nightmare" as a whole. Thats all from me for a bit, happy Euroing

snku_acc-imp.conus.png

• THUMBS UP 1
  • TROPHY 3

3 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

the point alot of people have been making the last 2 days as well is that......this started off as a multi full state storm extending from the plains to the NE. Now this is what we have, so despite, yes a handful still get a good storm...its certainly only a "fraction" of people that it was....which always makes the storm and tracking more satisfying. Hence I would still standby the fact where this storm looked like 3 days ago.....has turned in to a "nightmare" as a whole. Thats all from me for a bit, happy Euroing

snku_acc-imp.conus.png

We've entered the dessication phase of modeling

• LAUGH 1

Just now, BuckeyeGal said:

Or how determined Mother Nature is not to be predicted, lol. 

Well, maybe the US is shooting down all the weather balloons that are spying on the United States and they aren't getting new data.......:classic_ninja:

• LIKE 2
  • LAUGH 5
  • BOMBOGENESIS 1

I went 3 GEFS runs in a row without any hits, I am desperate...As long as at least 1 ensemble is good, I am still in.. I am hanging onto #18  See if the "trend" continues ot 18z...😁

18.JPG

Edited by Pghsnow
  • LIKE 1

1 hour ago, beaver56 said:

Well, maybe the US is shooting down all the weather balloons that are spying on the United States and they aren't getting new data.......:classic_ninja:

Models are clueless on weather & government is clueless on what they're shooting down. I see a trend. Lol

• LAUGH 2
  • TROPHY 1

40 minutes ago, Pghsnow said:

I went 3 GEFS runs in a row without any hits, I am desperate...As long as at least 1 ensemble is good, I am still in.. I am hanging onto #18  See if the "trend" continues ot 18z...😁

18.JPG

So you're saying there a chance... 

• SNOWMAN 1

1 hour ago, Pghsnow said:

For anyone in the projected path, congrats.

image.thumb.png.aff4180e2d34b5606d4a0fac4b8ced2e.png

Near the 13.1" but that will never be realized. Ratios won't be 10:1 Probably a better idea of accumulations will be to look at positive snow depth change. If it stays this track( big if....with 3 days of model dancing left) would guess 4-6"