March 3-4, 2023 | MW/GL Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

14 minutes ago, MidMichiganWx said:

Honestly it's been an awful year for the majority of this board. Even up until last weeks storm it was mostly bare ground here all winter long. I don't even want anymore snow - bring on spring. 

Yeah. Indiana was a total bust. 
Total. Bust. 

would look for signs of weakening in this timeframe to follow the trend of the year. Not sure if that would equate to a further SE track given how strong this still is, but it could impact when it takes that more W-E orientation, right now that benefit sits along and north of I80

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45

1 hour ago, Indygirl said:

Na, I decided not to say anything, yet. However, Bamwx put out a new post today, soooo….

Too late lol! 

BAM's update said they tend to side with GFS and favor a Chicago to Detroit snow swath at this time.  "Could move a little south" but they think the GFS solution is most likely outcome at the moment.

• LIKE 1

15 hours ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

FWIW, the 12z NAM would probably have been the furthest west solution we've seen yet,

500wh.conus.png

models-2023022712-f084.500wh.conus.gif

LR NAM always seems to be further west. At least this year.

Edited by SNOWBOB11

2 minutes ago, Wnwniner said:

Presuming this storm goes NW, that means GFS lead the way with this one--sniffed it out first, moved it NW first...
Just feels weird to to say that GFS lead the way...

Funny to say this but the CFS was actually the first to pick up the big west shift. GFS shortly followed.

• THUMBS UP 1

what's equally as disappointing is we don't exit this storm back to record breaking 60s and 70s, we go back to seasonally at best if not generally below average.....we are now entering what I call quite literally the worst time of the year hands down (overall weather wise) in my personal opinion 

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1