March 3-4, 2023 | MW/GL Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

2 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Looks like GFS might tick NW again - this might just end up being an Iowa/Wisconsin/MI snowstorm 😂🤢

Yeah, I feel like I've seen this movie before. And I don't like how it ends... 

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 2

1 minute ago, JayPSU said:

I don’t know why we expected anything different.  This has been the general track all winter.

A couple more ticks NW and pretty much. Also look for a weakening trend it gets as we head into obs.

This storm later in spring/early fall would be a massive severe weather outbreak. Yikes. Probably will still be in the south if the setup maintains. 

Edited by junior

5 minutes ago, JayPSU said:

I don’t know why we expected anything different.  This has been the general track all winter.

To clarify the track needs to move substantially further NW with a SLP over NIL for that to be the case. Than MSP gets hit again. Unless foreign models jump NW a lot GFS in la la land and will recorrect back SE

Edited by Cary67
  • LAUGH 1

1 minute ago, cperry29 said:

GFS depiction would fit the pattern we’ve been in for the last month. CMC slowly creeping that way? My glass is half empty. 🙂🤷🏻‍♂️

DA787CF3-CE61-4685-8AB1-CF45D80C6FDE.gif

Mine too.  GFS fits better with the pattern we’ve been stuck in.

• LIKE 1

5 minutes ago, cperry29 said:

GFS depiction would fit the pattern we’ve been in for the last month. CMC slowly creeping that way? My glass is half empty. 🙂🤷🏻‍♂️

DA787CF3-CE61-4685-8AB1-CF45D80C6FDE.gif

Unfortunately, I fear you might be right. Just as the gfs led the way in sniffing out the storm, it may be leading the inevitable march to the NW as well... 

35 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Looks like GFS might tick NW again - this might just end up being an Iowa/Wisconsin/MI snowstorm 😂🤢

Fits the winter pattern. This reminds me of the Dec storm.  I am getting ready to toss the flag for my home even though other models give my area hope. Think they will eventually cave to a much further west solution. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

I’m in the all or nothing camp at this point of the season. Either hit big or miss big to the north….don’t go in between. I love big snows, but I also love sun and 70+ degrees. Both have been absent for too long. 

• LIKE 2