February 27-28, 2023 | NE/Mid-Atl Winter Storm

MaineJay

• Moderators

Yeah that heavy stuff moved in and dropped the temp below 32 now.

Seems like quite a gap in the radar west of Mikeysed and then wow.  Wondering if temps go up or not with that gap.  

CODNEXLAB-GOES-East-local-Pennsylvania-comp_radar-02_20Z-20230228_map_noBar-15-1n-10-100.thumb.gif.2e17fb21341ea64766a0966fb8084cc9.gif

Edited by StretchCT
  • LIKE 1

5 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Seems like quite a gap in the radar west of Mikeysed and then wow.  Wondering if temps go up or not with that gap.  

CODNEXLAB-GOES-East-local-Pennsylvania-comp_radar-02_20Z-20230228_map_noBar-15-1n-10-100.thumb.gif.2e17fb21341ea64766a0966fb8084cc9.gif

Hopefully that fills in! Has a look like it wants to. . just DO IT!

• Moderators

Me staring out the window now is how I imagine Old Man Parker felt looking at his major award

I can barely see the shed 75 feet away from the house. The snow keeps triggering the motion sensor on the driveway flood light, which is fine since I have no neighbors in that direction

Edited by StretchCT
  • LAUGH 2

• Admin
7 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Me staring out the window now is how I imagine Old Man Parker felt looking at his major award

I can barely see the shed 75 feet away from the house. The snow keeps triggering the motion sensor on the driveway flood light, which is fine since I have no neighbors in that direction

FRA GEEE LEY

1 hour ago, StretchCT said:

Wow those bands in west PA look nuts

3 hours ago, StretchCT said:

We have a member @90sweatherchannelmusic.  That cracks me up!

Not as much as Paletitsnow though

Moved to the states from England as a teenager and was obsessed with the weather channel! That local on the 8s smooth jazz just hit right.

On an obs note…here in Hunterdon County, NJ - been a bit of a lull for the last hour but some pinging on the skylights and big flakes starting again…hoping to stay all snow!

• LIKE 3
  • LOVE 1

1½" here so far.  The heaviest has passed.. there was a few pings mixed in, and with the wind the dendrites weren't super great, so although the radar looked epic, it was 1" in 1 hour.  

But anyways, this far exceeded my expectations as I was looking at a sunny 46 degrees at 2pm today. lol

• LIKE 3

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, 90sweatherchannelmusic said:

Moved to the states from England as a teenager and was obsessed with the weather channel! That local on the 8s smooth jazz just hit right.

On an obs note…here in Hunterdon County, NJ - been a bit of a lull for the last hour but some pinging on the skylights and big flakes starting again…hoping to stay all snow!

You'll like this - I clicked through some of it to save time though.  Brings back good memories.  It will do it for any zip code. Link below

https://battaglia.ddns.net/twc/

Edited by StretchCT
  • THANKS 1
  • LOVE 1

• Admin
17 minutes ago, 90sweatherchannelmusic said:

Thats kind of freaky... I was literally telling my wife today that I found my love of jazz from the Wx Channel. Especially Christmas when they played the Peanuts Song. To this day, that song actually brings me very fond memories.  

• LOVE 1