February 21-24, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL Winter Storm/Blizzard

snowlover2

With such a tight cut off I’m still concerned ice pellets might mix in and lower snow totals so it’s still something to watch. Right now GFS GEM and euro all have it mainly as snow for me so we’re looking good so far.

• Meteorologist

Upgraded from a wind advisory to a high wind warning today when winds started overachieving. Got a 69 mph gust at the airport... had like 4 hours of 50+ mph gusts. Several other 60+ mph wind reports from around the Panhandles too. Blowing dust caused brownout accidents around Amarillo and Dalhart. 

All signs point toward tomorrow being worse. 

MdCUbCw.png

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • LIKE 1
  • FLUSHED 1

• The title was changed to February 21-24, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL Winter Storm/Blizzard
  • Meteorologist
7 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Upgraded from a wind advisory to a high wind warning today when winds started overachieving. Got a 69 mph gust at the airport... had like 4 hours of 50+ mph gusts. Several other 60+ mph wind reports from around the Panhandles too. Blowing dust caused brownout accidents around Amarillo and Dalhart. 

MdCUbCw.png

Today is gonna be a long day 

96B2D312-5D98-4650-9DCB-ACF6974585DD.png

• LIKE 1

• Moderators

Trees starting to glaze over here with moderate ZR and 31°.   (Not expecting any major amounts of ice though before the warm-up.)  

I wish my weather app was right...."Heavy snow for the next hour", lol.

• LAUGH 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

All models now basically have my area in the 9-10” area with the GFS the highest at 12”.

Euro probably did the best with the storm in the long range as it was often shown on the more south side. Nam took a long time to catch on as just the last few runs it’s raised totals at least for my area.

Now we’ll see how the storm turns out.

06z GFS03E126E4-12F8-49D9-B5C9-CDF1EE0F24C0.jpeg

Edited by SNOWBOB11

10 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

MdCUbCw.png

Dude, I get a sinus headache just looking at this.  No thanks! 

• LIKE 1

Just now, Chambana said:

I’m at 6.2” on the season, I want futility records at this point. No pointless march and April stat padding lol. 

If I'm getting snow after March 1, it better be significant. I couldn't care less about lame 2-4" events at this point - give me a blockbuster. Biggest snowstorm in my lifetime IMBY occurred in early March. 

• LIKE 2
  • BOMBOGENESIS 1

• Moderators

Just drove about 20 miles SW, worse than I thought out there! More ice closer to home, seen several decent size branches down.  1-2” icicles hanging from some branches.