February 10-11, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm Speculation

MesoscaleBanding

5 minutes ago, JayPSU said:

We received 20 inches of snow in the March of 2008 blizzard.  I also remember a five hour thump of 2" per hour snows over night several years ago and that was late March I believe.  So, yes, it does happen, it just doesn't have staying power.  The March blizzard I mentioned was all gone accept for the large mounds at the shopping centers a week later.

That's what I dig about March snow storms.  They can bring some good love yet one doesn't have to put up with snow on the ground for very long...

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

1 hour ago, RobB said:

That's what I dig about March snow storms.  They can bring some good love yet one doesn't have to put up with snow on the ground for very long...

It's been along time here since we had snow on the ground for a long time...and that's for any month in winter here!

• LIKE 2

9 hours ago, JayPSU said:

We received 20 inches of snow in the March of 2008 blizzard.  I also remember a five hour thump of 2" per hour snows over night several years ago and that was late March I believe.  So, yes, it does happen, it just doesn't have staying power.  The March blizzard I mentioned was all gone accept for the large mounds at the shopping centers a week later.

Oh I know we get some doozies in March! I remember MANY good ones! Really fun snows!