February 10-11, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm Speculation

MesoscaleBanding

2 hours ago, FortySixAnd32 said:

Bring on Spring. My hopes are dashed and this is getting frustrating!!

Same.  Not saying we don't get something before spring, but nothing is showing up for us in the next two weeks unless you like cold rain.  Then we'll be dealing with the sun angle.  

I'm ready to go fishing!!

• SAD 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

At least we have “something “ to root for!

I had my dental cleaning yesterday and while checking in, the receptionist mentioned how nice it was outside , so I casually agreed, then mentioned how I was hoping for at least ONE good snow this winter….I thought the whole office was gonna throw rotten tomatoes at me!

🤣

• LAUGH 1

• Admin
27 minutes ago, Indygirl said:

At least we have “something “ to root for!

I had my dental cleaning yesterday and while checking in, the receptionist mentioned how nice it was outside , so I casually agreed, then mentioned how I was hoping for at least ONE good snow this winter….I thought the whole office was gonna throw rotten tomatoes at me!

🤣

You should probably save those comments for checking out... 😅😅

• LAUGH 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Jaf316 said:

Worst. Winter. Ever. 

I realize that may be a bit "tongue in cheek" but depending on one's location in the US and/or in OH, it's no surprise it's on the lower side, snowfall wise.  Here are a couple charts...

Columbus for example is currently at 11.5"  For 2/8, their average is 15.9" and they average an additional 9.0" for the season.

image.thumb.png.b7929910ff9dea0bf42f30db4916f8ae.png

image.thumb.png.93f2531b0043ccc0f118639cccb45378.png

Edited by Hiramite

2 hours ago, Hiramite said:

I realize that may be a bit "tongue in cheek" but depending on one's location in the US and/or in OH, it's no surprise it's on the lower side, snowfall wise.  Here are a couple charts...

Columbus for example is currently at 11.5"  For 2/8, their average is 15.9" and they average an additional 9.0" for the season.

image.thumb.png.b7929910ff9dea0bf42f30db4916f8ae.png

image.thumb.png.93f2531b0043ccc0f118639cccb45378.png

👍Yeah, imby, I have real complaints in the snow department. 

• THUMBS UP 1
  • SNOWMAN 1

47 minutes ago, Indygirl said:

Just remember….we do have good snows sometimes in early March. 

we do, right???….I’m sure if it! 

Right??

We received 20 inches of snow in the March of 2008 blizzard.  I also remember a five hour thump of 2" per hour snows over night several years ago and that was late March I believe.  So, yes, it does happen, it just doesn't have staying power.  The March blizzard I mentioned was all gone accept for the large mounds at the shopping centers a week later.

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 2