January 30-February 2, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Weather

MesoscaleBanding

Had a lot of sleet with a little bit of freezing rain, just enough to make the sleet hard as a rock & give it some staying power. Should be good sledding! Embracing for round 2 this afternoon. 

After I finish some work & kiddos finish school work we headed out. Hopefully I don't end up in the ER! I'm a big kid in a 49 year old body. 

Edited by Grace
  • LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 1

• The title was changed to January 30-February 2, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Weather
2 hours ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

It's still fantasy range, but the 12z GFS says winter tries to return Feb. 10-11 & beyond...

Sounds like a lock to me!  Models have been great as we all know. 🤣

• LAUGH 1
  • TROPHY 1

2 hours ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

It's still fantasy range, but the 12z GFS says winter tries to return Feb. 10-11 & beyond...

Looks like there’s the chance at a system around this time possibly. Euro has it to the east but obviously long way to go. Looking forward to getting back to storm tracking after what looks to be a bit of a non stormy pattern for the start of February.

• Moderators

Interesting to see CLE first introduce then discount the possibility of thunder snow as the Arctic front moves across Lake Erie.

This along with very dry air above 5000 feet should reduce the depth of convection and limit any potential for thunder snow, and the snow squall parameter from the WRF-ARW is in agreement with this. Kept thunder out of the forecast, but still expect a burst of snow showers with the front which could put down a quick inch or two.

13 hours ago, Iceresistance said:

I got sleetfested, with over .5 inches of Sleet and a glaze of Ice right now from the entire storm system.

I'm hoping my username can hold my power here as it did in the October Ice Storm in 2020 😝

It worked! I never lost power!

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1