January 26-30, 2023 | "I Won't Back Down" (1-2-3 Punch) | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storms

BuckeyeGal

I think I can pick up 4-5” out of this system. NAM actually had the track far enough north to bring in some rain for me but I think it’s off on this one. GFS has 6” with kuchera. We’ll see.

Edited by SNOWBOB11
  • LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

1 hour ago, easton229 said:

Got a feeling that graphic I posted from DTX will have no snow for my area by morning and we will end up with all rain. Guess I should be happy with my 2 days of snowpack in a winter like this 🤷‍♂️

Is it still moving north? GRR’s graphic and WWA swath is pretty much in line with what you posted above

Interesting last second southern jog. Goodluck northern friends. 

It's looks pretty meager in terms of storms for at least the week after this. Just some weak southern slider energies acting like they want to do something but never materializing.

I will enjoy the cool dry weather vs. The warm torching cutters though 

• LIKE 1

27 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Interesting last second southern jog. Goodluck northern friends. 

It's looks pretty meager in terms of storms for at least the week after this. Just some weak southern slider energies acting like they want to do something but never materializing.

I will enjoy the cool dry weather vs. The warm torching cutters though 

Thought I was crazy when I thought it was a little further south. Any snows I get out of this will be a bonus, I just want to avoid the rain that would eat away at the snow.

• LIKE 1

Just started coming down here within the past hour or so. It’s fine flakes but coming down moderately so the streets are getting dusted over. I’m right on the county line between the WWA and the WSW so I’m hoping we tap out on the higher end of the advisory In The 6inch range.

Not sure how we’ll fare but I’m enjoying it! 

• LIKE 3

Looking at how quickly this thing is moving northward I’m not sure we’ll end up hitting the advisory criteria snows. Checking regional radars kinda hints at the southern end of the precipice shield moving north of my house(southwest Sanilac county), by like 8:30pm or 9.

• SAD 1

8 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

That is more like a "BRUH" moment here! That happened to me with storms! I had to deal with Dodgy storms in the past few years!

Can’t be too upset after getting a good hit Wednesday, but would have been crazy to have two WSW in 4 days since that is unheard of around here.

Looks like I was wrong, as it’s 12:30am and still snowing heavily. Has been consistently   Snowing at a moderate pace since about 6pm-ish. Has gotten very heavy at times and looks like it’s still pretty good intensity now.

according to my quick check on the back deck we’re probably sitting at about 2.5-3 inches so far.

We are 21 miles north of I-69 and about 2 miles east of the Sanilac/Tuscola county line. So we’re essentially in the line of Warning/Advisory. It would be awesome to pick up another solid 4 inches tonight to take us over that 6inch threshold but I have a feeling we will top out around 5. Either way, will make for treacherous am travel for my commute to Flint for Sunday service. May end up staying in!

• LIKE 3
  • LOVE 2