January 25-26, 2023 | Winter Storm

Penn State

• Moderators

While snow started back about 3 hours, it's just been light snow shower activity. There is maybe 1/4-1/2" down. Heavier stuff looks like it's starting to roll over the Albany area now.

• LIKE 2

Light snow in the valley not sticking, absolutely no possible way the valley gets 2-5" like NWS says unless the back end fills in or it picks up and really fast. More like 1/2" or less on non paved then no rain afterwards. Which also was predicted to be a decent amount of rain after. 

• SAD 1

This has been an abysmal winter for snow lovers in the Mid-Atlantic with many having yet to see measurable snow. I feel your pain and so to just laugh it off to this point of the season I'm nicknaming this winter, "Blutarsky" the John Belushi character from the movie "Animal House" because this winter for many matches Blutarsky's GPA of 0.0.

2022-23 - The Blutarsky Winter! I hope this doesn't land me on double secret probation! 

blutarsky.jpg.464942ee44b8f7c42a96531e72b01465.jpg

• LIKE 4
  • LAUGH 1

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, HVSNOWSTORM said:

Yea next storm chance looks like middle next week. Crazy

Yeah, I think NYC breaks the latest measurable record (Jan 29th) but we could sneak in a storm before Feb 4th which would be the record for the snow drought.

Down to 34, snowing hard, covering grass and deck and snow board. Street ok. Driveway covered where the moss is.

Edited by StretchCT
  • LIKE 2

Just now, StretchCT said:

3pm HRRR and radar.  The whole over SNJ is lighter precip on the radar.  They hole on the radar over NNJ isn't on the HRRR though.  That might be filling in from the south though.

81061961_3pmhrrr.thumb.png.5d1a7b175c80fbc52dcfcd81f329a85d.png

492158079_Screenshot2023-01-25at3_04_15PM.thumb.png.11cbffa898b55b08354a49e1e4956ea2.png

I guess we'll see would be nice to get those bright yellows in NNJ as snow before it ends tho but looks like it will go SE of me. Near Highland Poughkeepsie area.

BTV seems to have been adjusting their snowfall forecast this afternoon.  They bumped some numbers up earlier but have bumped them back down now.  Seems like the numbers in southern areas are lower than they had been forecasting earlier.  I feel like they made major adjustments.  I wish I had the map from earlier today.

StormTotalSnowWeb.jpg