January 25-26, 2023 | Winter Storm

Penn State

snow.thumb.jpg.f7aacce8001084a0f8f2e33eecd207e1.jpg

At work in Frederick, MD. This has been the extent of the snow so far. Squint and you may see some flakes in this pic. Does this qualify as a trace? lol

Many parts of the Frederick-Hagerstown area below 700 feet-ish in elevation have not seen measurable snow this month. Going for the pathetic record of 0.0 for the month! Zero Hero's!

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, TLChip said:

Here’s my where is the heavy snow map… I look for orange and reds🤣

EBB3BD6C-F87E-4BC7-9593-E7AC5E1B37A1.thumb.png.e546f8d7526879f12031976ea976030e.png

Not sure where here is

Sorry edited it, outside Wernersville/Robesonia. Blue Marsh Lake area. Roads are a mess 12-15 disabled vehicles on van reed road near state hill road due to icy conditions.

• LIKE 2

Just now, Phillyfan said:

Sorry edited it, outside Wernersville/Robesonia. Blue Marsh Lake area. Roads are a mess 12-15 disabled vehicles on van reed road near state hill road due to icy conditions.

Nice, I’m next to the Marsh on the north side of 183! My better half drives those roads everyday, wonder how she made out now. 

• LIKE 1

Just now, TLChip said:

Nice, I’m next to the Marsh on the north side of 183! My better half drives those roads everyday, wonder how she made out now. 

Seeing a lot of jackknifed tractor trailer reports as well., one being on bernville robby road. Not to mention a few schools in the area dismissed early at 11am.🤦‍♂️

• FACEPALM 1

Just now, dmg002 said:

With the back line through, precip shut off just like *that* in downtown State College—2.75”. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ll take it!

Thanks for the update!  Yeah, this is screaming a "just like that" type of shut off.  Bright yellow, to nothing.  Final 30 minutes coming up here.. let's see what we can get.

CODNEXLAB-NEXRAD-CCX-N0B-20230125-1751-12-100.gif

• THUMBS UP 1

Snowing at a pretty good clip. This was captured around noon when it started. Temperature dropped 1 degree from 28 to 27F. I'd estimate an inch on the ground. Mind you the 4" snow pack from last Monday was still intact.

• LIKE 4

Got an inch or so at my house kn the mountian. Valley maybe a half inch on grass coating on pavembet and melted. Then stopped a cpl hours ago. Now flurries starting again. Just waiting for those greens in pa/nj to arrive but it's taking its time here.

• LIKE 1

At 1:20 pm, we seem to have the first flakes starting to fall with a temp of 27F.  Our forecast is for 5" with also the possibility of sleet, freezing rain and plain rain.  Sounds like it will be an interesting next 12-18 hours.

• LIKE 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, mikeysed said:

Whats it doing in NYC did they break record or is it snow? .10 or more 

Mping reports mixed rain/snow and rain.  NWS site says it's overcast and 40.  LGA and EWR reporting mixed rain/snow.  JFK rain. 

Edited by StretchCT