January 25-26, 2023 | Winter Storm

Penn State

5 hours ago, so_whats_happening said:

Yea hence what I mentioned yesterday ill take my coating and run lol 

Would have love to have seen an inch but wasn't feeling optimistic and figured with our lack of any snow it would follow suit further north of me with a nice 1-3, 2-4 call. The optimistic side would have said 3-6" but that would have meant my area would see an inch of snow. We see how that is going.

Ended up with an Advisory for 3-5" .. the 3 seems possible, would love 4 and 5 seems like a stretch.  Time will tell.  Virga out there now.

png1.png

• Admin
3 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Ended up with an Advisory for 3-5" .. the 3 seems possible, would love 4 and 5 seems like a stretch.  Time will tell.  Virga out there now.

png1.png

Sometimes you want a donut, but all you get is the hole.

CODNEXLAB-NEXRAD-CCX-N0B-20230125-1057-24-100.thumb.gif.754cde3929c9ea0316ad9847e15d9b5e.gif

• LAUGH 5

59 minutes ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

Man what a virga storm, finally starting to get going now.  Definately going to be on the lower end of accumulation since the clocks ticking till it warms up

members need to put where there from not its rain here .

here could be Mexico 

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 3
  • LOVE 1

HRRR struggling with temps, the 8z I posted was warm and now that latest is a bit colder. Still believe the warm works it’s way in fast.

weatherstation IMBY 

33.7, 26 DP virgafest 

Malvern

35, 27 DP nothing on radar yet

Edited by TLChip

• Meteorologist

Briefly had some sun poking through as I was driving back but the lower cloud deck is finally moving in. Expect things to start off in the next hour. Going to stay up a little to see some snow than off to bed.

Edited by so_whats_happening
  • LIKE 2

36 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

3k with 3 "waves" or bands crossing HV and CT.  First one is underrepresented on the model as it's reached CT.

nam3km_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_fh1-9.thumb.gif.d8ae073113c7d4030a4d10d103496240.gif

It's snowing in ulster and orange with basically all the models had missing to the north. So I think we should do better than models indicated for the MHV also its slightly back filling around southern orange county to the PA border, where it keeps looking like it gonna pass by. So I guess we'll see but models definitely underdid this initial precip for southern spots.

• LIKE 1