January 22-23, 2023 | Winter Storm

Penn State

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Wayuphere said:

Last few flakes falling here. Fluffy 12”.  Plowed out and ready for round 2 on Thursday.  Snow pack is weird, this new 12” sits on top of 6” of sleet now frozen solid enough to support the dog and I without breaking through. There was also 3” of a mealy snow on the grass beneath the sleet layer.   Snow pack water content has to be getting up there  and come spring thaw with a now frozen and locked in rain saturated ground??? Potential troubles..😳 

Ground is pretty saturated here too, snowpack is dry though, so far. There's 18" of glorious powder with just an inch or two of crusty stuff at the base.

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 2

50 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

Ground is pretty saturated here too, snowpack is dry though, so far. There's 18" of glorious powder with just an inch or two of crusty stuff at the base.

Ill never begrudge you for enjoying the snow lol. People choose where they live. Some places are good for snow. Others are not. 

• SNOWMAN 1

1 hour ago, MaineJay said:

And Keith Carson just called for an additional 6-12 on Thursday, though we may see some rain mix in down here in SoMe. And, he hinted another storm on Monday. We've gone from fallish weather to mid-winter at warp speed this week. No complaints BTW!

• THUMBS UP 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry I’m late .  I know y’all been anxiously awaiting my obligatory grill shot taken during Bombogenesis 2023 last night.  Taken from inside, of course

Biggest of the year. Sigh

B98404BB-CE58-42A3-96C5-668B8087B7E9.jpeg

Edited by Miller A
  • SAD 1