January 24-25, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

8 minutes ago, Jpfalcon said:

One thing I've noticed is in the lighter bands, there is some melting occurring on vehicles and even the trees. May wind up with several inches falling but only 3-5" of actual final accumulation.

I was going to say the same thing. With marginal temps(actually went up here half a degree in the last hour) and this being a very wet snow that MBY undergoing some melting during the lulls. And there does seem to be a lot of lulls with these morning bands. Really intense snow for 10-15 mins, and a lull for ten. Not consistent. Going to be a lot of compacting I’m afraid. I think 3-5” is a good call unless something changes. highest totals in NW Ohio will be the extreme portion(more towards the border)

Edited by NWOhioChaser
  • LIKE 1

1 minute ago, NWOhioChaser said:

I was going to say the same thing. With marginal temps(actually went up here half a degree in the last hour) and this being a very wet snow that MBY undergoing some melting during the lulls. And there does seem to be a lot of lulls with these morning bands. Really intense snow for 10-15 mins, and a lull for ten. Not consistent. Going to be a lot of compacting I’m afraid. I think 3-5” is a good call unless something changes.

Good news is the radar is showing some hefty returns entering from the south. Things should start to pick up again for a little bit.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

4 minutes ago, Jpfalcon said:

Good news is the radar is showing some hefty returns entering from the south. Things should start to pick up again for a little bit.

It is back to ripping again. I'm in Point Place and it's coming down really hard. 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

Issued at 10:15 AM EST.    Heads up Detroit!!

image.png.7300cf83b576a3890c3e6c86e402e08f.png

FYI, low is right where the RAP and NAM "progged" it to be on the 1-24 12Z/15Z run. NAM nailed the strength exactly and RAP was about 2 mb too low.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Aviddaisy said:

Heard from sis in law in cotter, ar ( around ozarks). They received about 7 inches. Haven’t heard about Fayetteville area. Here in Hot Springs Village just a nuisance sleet with a 1/2 inch snow topper

Great first post!!  Welcome to the Sphere!

9 minutes ago, Aviddaisy said:

Heard from sis in law in cotter, ar ( around ozarks). They received about 7 inches. Haven’t heard about Fayetteville area. Here in Hot Springs Village just a nuisance sleet with a 1/2 inch snow topper

Welcome to the Sphere! You're Arkansas Member #1!

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

DTX Update to their accumulations graphic, painting 6-8" much farther north and inland than yesterday. 

Huge flakes have been falling most of the morning near my house, with about 1.5 inches down currently. Warning began at 10am, and is expected to go until midnight.

Tab2FileL.png?99dc3d2bbc87b296a8727c6ff644e292

• LIKE 2

19 minutes ago, NWOhioChaser said:

Can confirm in Fulton. Bigger flakes out there again. 

E5BFEB04-8566-4B9D-A552-CD1F2FE87CEA.jpeg

non-blizzard +SN this time

METAR: KTOL 251627Z 07011KT 1/4SM R25/2000V3500FT +SN FG OVC004 01/00 A2963 RMK AO2 PRESFR P0005 T00110000

• LOVE 2

I love that both Columbus, IN and Columbus, OH are in the rain...not really.  Did the sleet last more than an hour in Cbus, OH, I've been in work calls all morning and need to know if I need to go outside and eat sleet.  

Congrats to our Indiana/MI folks, you certainly deserved one!

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 2