January 24-25, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

4 minutes ago, Jpfalcon said:

Heavier returns are starting to filter into NW Ohio/SE Michigan, pretty much right on schedule. The roads might escape being too bad today if temps hover around freezing. Plenty of crews were out this morning getting brine down.

Yea the snow stopped for all of 10 minutes and it’s coming down at a good clip again.

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, NWOhioChaser said:

Wow, and just like that. Someone turned on the fat snowflake machine

Was just about to say that here as well. Big ole flakes falling and starting to pile up a bit more now. Pasty as all get out though.

Temp of 33 in the backyard. Will see if we can hold the line here.

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

4 minutes ago, Jpfalcon said:

Heavier returns are starting to filter into NW Ohio/SE Michigan, pretty much right on schedule. The roads might escape being too bad today if temps hover around freezing. Plenty of crews were out this morning getting brine down.

33.1 here. Driveway is covered but road out front is clear still. At least out this way crews were out a few times before sunrise. 

These are some the heaviest returns that I’ve seen in a while!

• LIKE 4
  • LOVE 2

Something not talked about with this storm is possibly losing power. 
We’re getting a little wind now on top of heavy wet snow. 

I just stood here and watched a large branch crack and fall in our neighbors yard; stepped out, and heard another one cracking off somewhere else. 

So, just something to keep in mind. 

• THUMBS UP 1

2 hours ago, BuckeyeGal said:

Oh, mylanta. I hear the pings on my window of sleet. Nightmare-inducingThat freaking storm that was supposed to give us 8"-12" and gave us 2" of sleet. AHHHHHH. 😱

Can we make it a board rule to never speak of that storm again? 😆 I'm convinced it brings back bad juju every time it's mentioned.

• LAUGH 2
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • TROPHY 1

4 minutes ago, NKYSnowLover said:

Can we make it a board rule to never speak of that storm again? 😆 I'm convinced it brings back bad juju every time it's mentioned.

I can get behind this. I had 3” of sleet for a solid week after that storm. It was terrible. 

• THUMBS UP 1

11 minutes ago, MRSOLVEY said:

What is the big storm for 2/4-2/6 that people are talking about?  

it has no consistency at all right now but its probably geared towards the pattern in generally setting up for the starved record breaking (snowless kind) i-95 crew

• LIKE 1