January 24-25, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

Really feeling like it’s just starting up here in Findlay. Probably approaching 1” as I type this. 

I’m a few miles northwest of Findlay where it’s borderline between hitting the mix line or getting half a foot plus. Been expecting about 4-5” for the past few days, and sticking with that. Wouldn’t be surprised by 6”…but feel anything more than that would be hard to achieve in this particular location during this particular storm. 

Time will tell. 

• LIKE 2
  • LOVE 1

1 minute ago, NWsnowhio said:

Really feeling like it’s just starting up here in Findlay. Probably approaching 1” as I type this. 

I’m a few miles northwest of Findlay where it’s borderline between hitting the mix line or getting half a foot plus. Been expecting about 4-5” for the past few days, and sticking with that. Wouldn’t be surprised by 6”…but feel anything more than that would be hard to achieve in this particular location during this particular storm. 

Time will tell. 

Good luck! 

• THANKS 1

55 minutes ago, Jpfalcon said:

I'm here at least lol. Nothing really happening here at the moment though. Things should pickup around 9am.

Also reporting for duty, lol.

Light snow started about a half hour ago, but stressing fairly light. Should definitely pick up in the next hour or two. Pretty much all schools closed today. 

• LIKE 2

The inevitable "where's the snow!?" comments are out at work this morning. People are funny. Don't bother to pay attention to details on when things were really expected to pick up here. Makes me shake my head.

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 3
  • LOVE 1

A band of heavy snow is north of I-70 and is slowly pivoting northwest. Visibilities of less than 1/4 mile have been noted within the band with snowfall rates well over an inch per hour at times. Further south, the rain/snow line is approximately along the black line. #INwx
image.png.49efcbb14044a6cba569401816378235.png

• LIKE 1
  • SHOCKED 1

59 minutes ago, Grace said:

My bad...we did have flakes. Not sure on accumulations if any but might have been along Mississippi river.  

EDIT: Certainly no accumulations for me. Mostly sleet with flakes mixed in until it changed back to rain. 

This photo was from last night in the county west of Paducah (Ballard County) that borders Mississippi River. This was off FB. Said they went to bed thinking they'd have a snow day but roads were totally clear this morning. 

Screenshot_20230125-080242_Facebook.jpg

• LIKE 3

14 minutes ago, easton229 said:

Closing in on almost 2” here. Still got pockets of dry air moving through the area, but it hasn’t hit around me yet. Snow has lightened but never fully stopped.

Spoke too soon. As soon as I posted this, the dry air hit us 5 min later 😂

• DISAPPOINTED 1

Short rangers did well up until about 5-6 A.M. when rain started to mix in even in the north. From that point accumulation completely stopped. No model, literally 0 had a full blown mix that early around here. 3" about does it, now more like 2.5 already and we've just started melting process. Oh well...we'll see if any can survive

• THUMBS UP 2

6 minutes ago, easton229 said:

Spoke too soon. As soon as I posted this, the dry air hit us 5 min later 😂

Heavier returns are starting to filter into NW Ohio/SE Michigan, pretty much right on schedule. The roads might escape being too bad today if temps hover around freezing. Plenty of crews were out this morning getting brine down.

• LIKE 1

TDS Weather:

Snow continues across the region this morning, areas of heavy snow showing up across I-70 in Indiana, this is quickly accumulating on all surfaces there! Still plenty of snow on the waty across northern portions of IN, northwest OH, & MI. #ILwx #INwx #OHwx

image.png.f6501276b6e3d5f7db8135fade8bbfc5.png

image.png.0b3c200a416d846c4ec216778b6ac737.png

• LIKE 2