January 24-25, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

1 minute ago, BuckeyeGal said:

Oh, mylanta. I hear the pings on my window of sleet. Nightmare-inducingThat freaking storm that was supposed to give us 8"-12" and gave us 2" of sleet. AHHHHHH. 😱

Was just going to say I’m hearing the pings on our sky lights! That storm….

• Moderators
1 minute ago, easton229 said:

Just eyeballing and it looks like we already have an inch down here about 25 miles NW of Detroit. I feel like that is a lot more than I should have had at this point already.

money.gif

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 3

13 minutes ago, cperry29 said:

Short range models did well with this at the last minute. Dusting south of Columbus with rain and sleet. Should be melted by noon lol. On to the next!

10 minutes ago, mafa said:

Crazy gradient through Cbus. Had about 3” earlier on the north side. Obviously compacting now with the rain snow mix. Maybe a fresh topper tonight on anything that survives?

10 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

That is nuts. I'm eyeballing 3" of wet snow here to the NE (Westerville).

Yikes @cperry29. Sorry to hear that. 

I had about 3” before the melt took over just like @mafa and @BuckeyeGal  

Edited by OSUWx2
  • LIKE 2

In Pickerington just a tick south of 70, and I'm looking at about half an inch of slush.  I can still see the pavement of the driveway.  I never got too excited about this one.  Onto the next...

• SAD 1

• Moderators

From ILN:

The low will move up just west of Cincinnati and Dayton today.

If that's the case, kudos to the GFS, NAM and RAP!!  (In looking at my tracker sheets, the GFS never varied from that track.

Edited by Hiramite
  • LIKE 2

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

From ILN:

If that's the case, kudos to the GFS, NAM and RAP!!  (I looking at my tracker sheets, the GFS never varied from that track.

Make sure you keep those! I think it'll be cool to look back on how they did with all the storms we get. (She says hopefully, lol.)

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

2 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

From ILN:

If that's the case, kudos to the GFS, NAM and RAP!!  (In looking at my tracker sheets, the GFS never varied from that track.

I actually looked back at the beginning of this thread and the GFS was almost set on that track over a week back.

• LIKE 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, BuckeyeGal said:

Make sure you keep those! I think it'll be cool to look back on how they did with all the storms we get. (She says hopefully, lol.)

...glancing at my pile of weather stuff by the computer and then glancing at the Mrs... will do, digitally of course!!

• LAUGH 1

9 hours ago, Mulaman984 said:

@Grace report!

My bad...we did have flakes. Not sure on accumulations if any but might have been along Mississippi river.  

EDIT: Certainly no accumulations for me. Mostly sleet with flakes mixed in until it changed back to rain. 

Edited by Grace
  • DISAPPOINTED 1

Still snowing, but it's a sloppy, 33° snowfall currently. Looks like ~3" fell on top of the existing snowpack.

Definitely not going to achieve the 5-6" storm totals that the late night runs started to show. 

GFS seems to have done pretty well with the track as well as the general 2-4" front-end totals it consistently showed.

• LIKE 3