January 24-25, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

21 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Honestly for me everything falling now is just insurance to try and preserve snow over the next 12 hours or so. Temps for the day aren't a crusher but rain will eat a snowpack quicker than anything. Hoping that crusty 3" underneath can act as a base 🤣

Get to tonight with 4" preserved would be a 

Sounds like you planned this whole thing out!  

• LAUGH 1

38 minutes ago, Indygirl said:

I got a snow day….but for wrong reasons, lol.

(Got some bronchial thing, spiked a fever last night…sigh….hot tea, Mucinex and cold meds for the win today! 🤒

Oh no, feel better! Had some rain mixing in, but heavier returns overhead. This is going to be a picturesque paste job! Should look beautiful when sun rises. 

• LOVE 1

15 minutes ago, Chambana said:

Oh no, feel better! Had some rain mixing in, but heavier returns overhead. This is going to be a picturesque paste job! Should look beautiful when sun rises. 

Thank you!

Yes, it’ll be gorgeous! We live alongside a creek and woods…I’ll try to get out and take a picture for everyone to see what our winter fairyland looks like. 

It’s usually a breathtaking view! 
Really coming down now too! 

• LIKE 2

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Jeffro said:

Currently raining on top of the 2” we seen to have collected overnight. Sloppy mess out there. 

Darn.  I slept thru your snow video feed.  I just see black on the cam, is it working?  You're 33.6 ° is showing up.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Indygirl said:

I got a snow day….but for wrong reasons, lol.

(Got some bronchial thing, spiked a fever last night…sigh….hot tea, Mucinex and cold meds for the win today! 🤒

I am so sorry. The sickness this year has been awful. Hugs!

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

• Moderators

In regards to OH, I can't seem to find an NWS Snowfall map for today's event only.  ILN and CLE has from 7AM this morning to 7AM tomorrow, so its just additional....which works out OK for much of N OH not so much for S 2/3.

The regional view has the high totals thru Friday 7PM.

Edited by Hiramite
  • LIKE 1

1 minute ago, cperry29 said:

Short range models did well with this at the last minute. Dusting south of Columbus with rain and sleet. Should be melted by noon lol. On to the next!

Crazy gradient through Cbus. Had about 3” earlier on the north side. Obviously compacting now with the rain snow mix. Maybe a fresh topper tonight on anything that survives?

• LIKE 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, cperry29 said:

Short range models did well with this at the last minute. Dusting south of Columbus with rain and sleet. Should be melted by noon lol. On to the next!

That is nuts. I'm eyeballing 3" of wet snow here to the NE (Westerville).

• LOVE 1

17 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

Darn.  I slept thru your snow video feed.  I just see black on the cam, is it working?  You're 33.6 ° is showing up.

It’s back. Went out an hour ago for some reason. You should be able to seek back to when it was snowing. Not much to look at though. 

Rtsp seems a lot more reliable that emulating and capturing an android window. Maybe automatic restarts every 24 hours will keep things from black screening in the future. 

• THANKS 1