January 24-25, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

2 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

If we get three inches I will be shocked now honestly unless this upper low  just goes crazy in the next couple of hours

You've got the timing all wrong. If your expecting that in the next couple hours, then Anticipate disappointment 

• LIKE 3

15 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Deep breaths in central Indiana, this front end WAA snow was always expected to be more of an ohio thing out ahead of the low. If you were receiving thaat...you wouldn't be receiving the ULL snows later on. That's the main show...focus on that. Temps now mean nothing when your your NW of the track, upper air takes care of that

floop-hrrr-2023012509.ref1km_ptype.us_mw.gif

Good point! Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Chambana said:

Moderate snow here in Champaign temp is 33. Heavier band just off to my SW. I burned a personal day just to enjoy the snow, sip coffee and read a book. 

I got a snow day….but for wrong reasons, lol.

(Got some bronchial thing, spiked a fever last night…sigh….hot tea, Mucinex and cold meds for the win today! 🤒

• YUCK 1
  • THUMBS DOWN 4

Honestly for me everything falling now is just insurance to try and preserve snow over the next 12 hours or so. Temps for the day aren't a crusher but rain will eat a snowpack quicker than anything. Hoping that crusty 3" underneath can act as a base 🤣

Get to tonight with 4" preserved would be a win

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • LIKE 5

3 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Honestly for me everything falling now is just insurance to try and preserve snow over the next 12 hours or so. Temps for the day aren't a crusher but rain will eat a snowpack quicker than anything. Hoping that crusty 3" underneath can act as a base 🤣

Get to tonight with 4" preserved would be a win

All these years, you and I have always been opposites when it comes to old snow cover. Unless it is powder, I want to wash away the old in preparation for the new 😊

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1
  • SHIVERING 1

32 minutes ago, RobB said:

What's wrong either me. Rain here's at 33.6 degrees. Not upset as no shoveling needed. Enjoy your snows, those that are getting it. 

Interesting. When I left beavercreek it was a couple inches but less than a few miles south was white rain. Won’t be able to measure as I’m at work and by the time I get home it’ll be compacted and melting. 

Edited by junior
  • LIKE 1

1 minute ago, RobB said:

All these years, you and I have always been opposites when it comes to old snow cover. Unless it is powder, I want to wash away the old in preparation for the new 😊

I like having the white canvas for at least a few days after. Once I start seeing grass I'm with you though. I also like keeping grass covered for when the next snow falls its truly that amount. With no snow...the grass always robs the first 1-2" 😅

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 3

Just now, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

I like having the white canvas for at least a few days after. Once I start seeing grass I'm with you though. I also like keeping grass covered for when the next snow falls its truly that amount. With no snow...the grass always robs the first 1-2" 😅

I absolutely get that! 👍😎