January 24-25, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

1 minute ago, NeXrad said:

I’m  in that dry slot atm lol..radar returns look drier than expected?…severe outbreak south of here could be at play 

I just needed that band that’s sitting North of me to produce but now with the dry slot it’s about over for me. 
That band that’s between Hamilton and Middletown, if snow, is probably producing some goods. 
Just wasn’t meant to be here.

1 minute ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Tough break man, missing nail biters always sucks

That band that’s around Middletown looks great and Dayton area looks to be doing good. 
There’s not much left to the SW to work with. 
I hope you guys do good if that bad continues pushing out that way like the RAP and HRRR is showing.

7 minutes ago, Snow____ said:

I just needed that band that’s sitting North of me to produce but now with the dry slot it’s about over for me. 
That band that’s between Hamilton and Middletown, if snow, is probably producing some goods. 
Just wasn’t meant to be here.

Yea ur basically getting our heavy moderate rain band in snow form but it’s still drys up none the less and radar returns don’t look that impressive north of here where it should be all snow ..still think the severe storms down south might have disrupted the moisture train 

Edited by NeXrad

Definitely disappointed but that’s the luck of the draw. Another classic where Butler County north does well and we don’t get much of anything lol. Gonna catch a couple more hours of sleep. Enjoy the dumping guys.

• LIKE 3

8 minutes ago, OSUWx2 said:

Looks decent outside. Areas where Sunday's snow has fully melted are now fully covered again, including all roads. Easily over 1.5” so far. Promising…

There is actually a bit of sleet mixing in currently, which isn’t surprising. And it’s showing up on the correlation coefficient radar layer too. But should switch back to snow shortly. Models picked up on this. 

• THUMBS UP 1

Driving southbound i675 towards centerville there is definitely some rain mixed in at times. Makes sense looking at the bright banding on radar and when it isn’t heavy. Roads are a slushy mess but I followed a snow plow so wasn’t bad for me. Back at my place I eyed a few inches. 
Must be puking there as the band rots overhead. 

Edited by junior
  • LIKE 1

1 hour ago, TheBlizzardOf1978 said:

Paragon Indiana.

Screenshot_2023.01.25_03.37.02.348.png

Looks just the same as here 

Carmel, Indiana. It’s drizzly drippy snow. 
If totals get anywhere NEAR what has been seen on models? It had better get busy!…. otherwise this will all melt and nothing will accumulate. Temps are way too warm. 

3 minutes ago, Indygirl said:

Looks just the same as here 

Carmel, Indiana. It’s drizzly drippy snow. 
If totals get anywhere NEAR what has been seen on models? It had better get busy!…. otherwise this will all melt and nothing will accumulate. Temps are way too warm. 

Your still several hours away from the low wrapping in its deform zone...mid morning

• LIKE 1

DTX extended Warnings up into the eastern thumb for 6-8” and advisories westward for 3-6”.

I’m not quite sure that we’ll hit those numbers IMBY as we’re right near the county line transition from Warning to advisory, but I guess we’ll see. 

Wondering if schools will close early. Wife just left for Flint for a 7:30am flight to Orlando, not sure if she’ll make it off the ground!

• LIKE 2
  • SHOCKED 1

Deep breaths in central Indiana, this front end WAA snow was always expected to be more of an ohio thing out ahead of the low. If you were receiving thaat...you wouldn't be receiving the ULL snows later on. That's the main show...focus on that. Temps now mean nothing when your your NW of the track, upper air takes care of that

floop-hrrr-2023012509.ref1km_ptype.us_mw.gif

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

7 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Deep breaths in central Indiana, this front end WAA snow was always expected to be more of an ohio thing out ahead of the low. If you were receiving thaat...you wouldn't be receiving the ULL snows later on. That's the main show...focus on that. Temps now mean nothing when your your NW of the track, upper air takes car of that

floop-hrrr-2023012509.ref1km_ptype.us_mw.gif

If we get three inches I will be shocked now honestly unless this upper low  just goes crazy in the next couple of hours