January 24-25, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

Latest DTX graphic. Looks like the HRRR to me. Almost feel like winter storm warnings should be like severe thunderstorm warnings where they can section off part of a county for one. They have Detroit Al under a WSW for 6-8” while Ann Arbor is under a WWA for 6-8” 🤔 as well as a lot of the other areas under the WWA in the 6-8” range.

344DF546-BD9C-4537-A62E-8B442348A5AC.png

• THUMBS UP 1

Such a fine line between the heaviest snow and just a nuisance. Really will come down to some nowcasting this evening. Temps need to start falling while we still have some clear skies. Then start looking at trajectory and banding on radar. 

Models still be modeling.  I like NOAA for the 2-4" amounts for Cbus.  I know we've been talking about the front end thump all week long.  2-4" isn't a crush job, but I think the snowfall rate before the changeover or dry slot will please many of us.

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, Cheezemm2 said:

Models still be modeling.  I like NOAA for the 2-4" amounts for Cbus.  I know we've been talking about the front end thump all week long.  2-4" isn't a crush job, but I think the snowfall rate before the changeover or dry slot will please many of us.

Agreed. Like Sunday, it will come down to banding for any surprises.