January 24-25, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

• Meteorologist

Underachieved here. Looks like maybe 3" of snow at most. Not bothered by it because I did put it in an AFD that I wouldn't be surprised if we underachieve if the models aren't handling the moisture right because of convection in SE TX. Now... is that the reason? Not sure because I slept through the snowfall

• LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 1

3 hours ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

meh, I'm not too worried about snow melt....cant even see tips of the grass yet here. It is 35 and mostly cloudy but in January thats not a recipe for rapid melt. Once we near the 4 oclock hour that pretty much puts a wrap on that. In regards to the areas that do keep a snowpack. I will not be shocked to see areas hold a WWA for FZ drizzle. While the snowpack won't cool it down enough for snow...it will absolutely give WAA hell trying to takeover. We've seen situations before where post warm front snows it was expected to turn over to rain/drizzle and ended up never happening and being left with a wintry mix all day until the low move off to the NE. I have really high hopes of taking 6''+ of snow (3-4'' leftover from here and 4+ tomorrow) in to Thursday and hopefully beyond. Its already heavy water content so its gonna take more than a couple days in the mid to upper 30s in January to rid it

theres a new color in town

ref1km_ptype.us_mw.png

Just now, SNOWBOB11 said:

What a great time for the euro to be down lol.

Be patient. New data is being loaded and will show 12+ inches from Missouri / Iowa through eastern Pennsylvania border.  Even the fills in the snow dome of the SE Michigan area with 12+.  (I hope I didn't miss anyone!)😆

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • TROPHY 2
  • SNOWMAN 1