January 24-25, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

1 minute ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

trend-gefsens-2023012400-f036.sfcwind_mslp-mean.us_ov.gif

Maybe we will shift SE. I don’t think a shift big enough this late in the game will keep it all snow/not warm up… (for me at least) but it may make the heaviest thump shift. Will be interesting to see where that will be. 

Edited by Snow____

1 minute ago, Snow____ said:

Maybe we will shift SE. I don’t think a shift big enough this late in the game will keep it all snow/not warm up… (for me at least) but it may make the heaviest thump shift. Will be interesting to see where that will be. 

Less time spent in the WAA dry slot at minimum, thats how I'm looking at it. With hope still the euro/eps is correct

• THUMBS UP 1

• Meteorologist

Models are definitely still playing catchup with the precipitation shield. It's likely still being underdone. The GFS has very little in the way of precipitation in eastern New Mexico and the panhandle at 06z. It's ~0430z and we're already looking at robust precipitation in this area.

prateptype_cat-imp.us_sc.png

refcmp.us_sc.png

KLBB - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 10_27 PM.gif

KFDX - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 10_28 PM.gif

• LIKE 3

• Meteorologist
11 minutes ago, SOMOSnow said:

This post and your other post about early robust precip shield would tend to likely favor more nw track later?

No, not necessarily. Those would only favor a healthier precip shield, essentially softening the gradient some. 

Where a northwest shift would stem from is that the models continue to correct slightly west when their 0 hour analysis comes in. 

• LIKE 1

6 minutes ago, Ingyball said:

Models are definitely still playing catchup with the precipitation shield. It's likely still being underdone. The GFS has very little in the way of precipitation in eastern New Mexico and the panhandle at 06z. It's ~0430z and we're already looking at robust precipitation in this area.

prateptype_cat-imp.us_sc.png

refcmp.us_sc.png

KLBB - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 10_27 PM.gif

KFDX - Super-Res Reflectivity 1, 10_28 PM.gif

I always knew that this has more moisture than expected

• LOVE 1