January 24-25, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

• Admin
Just now, NWOhioChaser said:

13ABC’s Ross Ellet’s early thoughts on amounts as of this morning. He mentions mixing will be prevalent for the eastern portion of the area and track can still change with time( and a few models have the rain/snow line further NW)

Don’t want to jinx it but I think we’ll see some wobbles north today…

No. 😆

• LAUGH 1

• Moderators

Thanks all for the input.  I'll do two maps, the second showing NAM, RDPS and RAP (if applicable).  No new colors until I can get to the store.  (I would prefer Honolulu Blue over Royal Blue. 🦁)

Changes can always be made to the Tracker.

• LIKE 4
  • LAUGH 1
  • THANKS 1
  • LOVE 1

1 minute ago, Hiramite said:

Thanks all for the input.  I'll do two maps, the second showing NAM, RDPS and RAP (if applicable).  No new colors until I can get to the store.  (I would prefer Honolulu Blue over Royal Blue. 🦁)

Changes can always be made to the Tracker.

As Colonel Henry Blake would say: "Mucho appreciado!" 🙂

• LIKE 2
  • LOVE 1

34 minutes ago, Pros3lyte said:

DTX discussion say 4-7 inches south of 69 and 2-4 north.

Ugh. Such a disappointment. That’s not even WWA criteria for us I’m pretty sure.

I’ll gladly take 4-7” here. That’s a solid storm for us and seems to be par for the course as storms go around here. 

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

2 minutes ago, easton229 said:

I’ll gladly take 4-7” here. That’s a solid storm for us and seems to be par for the course as storms go around here. 

Hopefully it pans out for you guys down there, I know the SEMI Donut hole tends to strike you alot more than I. You definitely need a good thumping down there. Metro Detroit always looks terrible in the winter unless there's a fresh coating of white! 

I really hope this overperforms for us up there cuz we've only gotten nuisance snows all season so far. I need my kids to have a snowday so I don't have to wake up early and drive them to school! lol 

• LIKE 1

not buying the overall NAM solution (I think there will be rain SE of the low), but I do think this is coming slightly NW. I've had a bit of a change of direction after seeing models very slowly tick NW plus the NAM and GFS have really never budged from their thoughts. and now with a couple GEFS and EPS members joining

• LIKE 1
  • SAD 1
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • THUMBS DOWN 1

Just now, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

not buying the overall NAM solution (I think there will be rain SE of the low), but I do think this is coming slightly NW. I've had a bit of a change of direction after seeing models very slowly tick NW plus the NAM and GFS have really never budged from their thoughts. and now with a couple GEFS and EPS members joining

Agreed. I am definitely looking for the thump from the over running precip out in front.  To my northwest is where I expect the higher snow totals.....