January 24-25, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

4 minutes ago, Crowbar said:

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but ILN's AFD makes it sound like it won't be that impressive for us.  Note that I'm in the far north of ILN's area.  

Our local meteorologists were not enthused about today either

• LIKE 1

Just now, mafa said:

Our local meteorologists were not enthused about today either

True. To be fair, not many were. Lucky for many of us, cold held better than expected especially with heavier rates bringing down colder upper levels. 

• LIKE 1

Just now, RobB said:

True. To be fair, not many were. Lucky for many of us, cold held better than expected especially with heavier rates bringing down colder upper levels. 

Not exactly true. A couple of local cincy Mets thoughts this might overachieve. Granted the 4-6” was a surprise, but word was out that there would be impacts. 

• LIKE 2

Just now, Mulaman984 said:

Not exactly true. A couple of local cincy Mets thoughts this might overachieve. Granted the 4-6” was a surprise, but word was out that there would be impacts. 

Yeah, it was the 4 to 6 I was thinking. 3 inches weren't unexpected for many but the 5 to 7s sure was surprising. Of course stating might overachieve isn't a tough call. Now forecasting the overachiever would have been a great (if risky) call. Glad we finally overachieved rather than typical under 😊

• LIKE 1

• Admin

We can all agree today was a surprise in some areas and the NWS had to backpedal. No more specific calling out or bashing of mets, please. We have many on here as members, and they work their behinds off. Thank you! ❤️ 

• LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 2

Just now, BuckeyeGal said:

We can all agree today was a surprise in some areas and the NWS had to backpedal. No more specific calling out or bashing of mets, please. We have many on here as members, and they work their behinds off. Thank you! ❤️ 

Agreed. I will never bash em as damn hard field to get them all correct. We hardly ever talk about the great calls. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1