January 24-25, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

11 minutes ago, Jpfalcon said:

Should have a clearer picture tomorrow as the energy is fully sampled and the current system gets out of the way. A nice 3-6" spread the wealth system would be great to see. 

I think many will be surprised with this one, just like todays system. Personally hope this will spread the wealth more for SEMI and NWOH since central OH is getting surprised today.

Wide swath of 3-6 looks like a good bet. Just need more cold to work with

Edited by NWOhioChaser
  • LIKE 1

1 minute ago, Mulaman984 said:

You just have to wonder if 5-6” in SW OH will help with precip type for this system vs what’s being modeled 

I think as long as it sets up a zone and the low goes south. I’m hoping for sure. 

• LOVE 1

24 minutes ago, Mulaman984 said:

You just have to wonder if 5-6” in SW OH will help with precip type for this system vs what’s being modeled 

20 minutes ago, snowlover2 said:

12z GGEM continues to be more south.

The cmc now follows right along the potential snow swath path from today. I'd completely favor the CMC track now after seeing what's transpiring today. Initially I didn't think we would see any baroclinic zone impact due to meager totals but now that they've been doubled+ forecast I think it will have an impact

• LIKE 3
  • SAD 1

1 hour ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Calling complete BS on the NAM. Never is there a low with all snow on all sides and no rain under the low or out ahead, there's virtually no WAA. This not what radar would look like

ref1km_ptype.conus (1).png

1 of these is out of touch with reality. The NAM is missing half the storm lol

namconus_ref_frzn_us_50.png

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_13.png