January 24-25, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

5 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

Not sure I’m following you.

OB45 said “12z eps, remove everything from the first map”.  So that’s what I did, subtracted the totals of the first map (tomorrow’s storm) from the second map (Wednesday’s storm.)

You didn't do anything wrong. And I know why some are saying to do it. I'm saying I have questions to the accuracy behind it. 

1 minute ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

I'm sure much will turn out to be fantasy, but I have been enjoying the fun & games on the long range GFS over the past few runs 😍

The squeeze play between the SER and arctic high will cash people in, probably lots of spread out heartache and winners

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

2 minutes ago, Grace said:

You didn't do anything wrong. And I know why some are saying to do it. I'm saying I have questions to the accuracy behind it. 

And I'm referring not to removing the first storm, I'm referring to those using the snow depth options. 

• THUMBS UP 1

3 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

The squeeze play between the SER and arctic high will cash people in, probably lots of spread out heartache and winners

100%. A good rule of thumb @StLweatherjunkie use to always point out in te AccuWeather days when true cold & a train of systems. For every snow swath next one will be south of it. Snow cover creates a baroclinic zone. The next SLP will track south of that. Then the next will do the same. 

• LIKE 3
  • TROPHY 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Grace said:

And I'm referring not to removing the first storm, I'm referring to those using the snow depth options. 

Now I see what you mean and I agree with you. I believe the intent of my post was misunderstood. Thx.