January 24-25, 2023 | Plains/MW/GL/OV Winter Storm

MesoscaleBanding

6 minutes ago, MidMichiganWx said:

Skipped about the last 18 hours to see this go way south and shrink drastically. Seems to be the theme this winter. Either not enough cold air, moisture, or both. 

It’ll probably beef up last minute of course. Buttt we need to see when the se trend stops. 

Edited by junior

2 minutes ago, Columbusbuckeye said:

Man, that's pretty perfect for us.  MBY has been snake bitten so many times with the sort of track though, so I'm trying to temper my expectations/excitement. 

We'd be riding a very fine line if that track occurred verbatim, so I'm hoping for a 30-50 mile jog further east. Would be nice to see some rapid strengthening occur once it rides up to our SE & the winds swing around to the NE - need to pull in as much cold air as possible with this marginal setup. 

• LIKE 1

Just now, MesoscaleBanding said:

I'm old enough to remember getting storm tracks like this with a robust cold air supply to tap into - those were the days. 😂

Right?!

No nice big high to provide anything here....

• THUMBS UP 1

But what does fall, will have staying potential, so there's that

I feel like snow depth maps usually need 50% added to them TBH. They are never has dyer as they come out, same with the opposite side with kuchera, usually took excessive 

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • THUMBS UP 1

1 minute ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

But what does fall, will have staying potential, so there's that

I feel like snow depth maps usually need 50% added to them TBH. They are never has dyer as they come out, same with the opposite side with kuchera, usually took excessive 

True..If these temps are this warm.  I don't expect too much staying power further south.  White sludge is lame..LOL